Why?

Why? Why did you laugh at me? I was stupid to talk of love, I know. But... You hurt me. Was it something I did? I'm shy and easily embarrassed, I know that. But... I loved you.

I shook my head, my alarm ringing from the bedroom. I had passed out in the doorway again. I stood up, rubbing my wrists slightly. Still a little sore, but I'd be fine. I walked to the bathroom, seeing bags under my green eyes. I hadn't slept in God knows how long, and on top of that, I was deathly pale. People started to ask questions, especially about the long sleeves in the middle of summer. I couldn't show my arms, what was left of them. The rest was covered in ugly scars and reminders of that horrible day. "Ritsu, you might want to get a jacket." I jumped, opening the door. Does he know? I wondered, putting on a fake smile. "W-Why?" Takano's face was unchanging. "It's supposed to storm today." He said flatly. My smile dropped. "O-Oh, right." I shakily grabbed my coat from its hook, my sleeves shifting a bit. My eyes widened slightly, but I shrugged it off and pulled my sleves back down. Takano had a questioning look, but I walked past him. What he saw happened a long time ago.

At least, I think it was a while ago. I shook my head as I walked out of the apartment building. If I couldn't even remember how long ago I'd gotten my scars, then maybe I needed a few more. "Ritsu..." I jumped at the familiar voice, seeing Takano looming over me. "What?" I snapped, crossing my arms. I wasn't in the mood for confrontation, however, that's what I was going to get. "What are these?"