Ricky | Set Me Free

A/N: trigger warning(?) I'm not sure how anyone would feel about this but just to make sure(?) honestly I suck at writing.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Ricky aimlessly watches the seconds pass by.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

In the empty white room he sits and waits.

Tick. Tock.

He wills himself to leave the room. Away from the depressing room.

Tock. Tock.

He fails to do so, he remains sitting on the cold floor, staring at the plain wooden clock.

Tick.

"Ricky, you need to move on. Please don't mope and stay in the past."

"Go away, Niel. I don't need help."

"Ricky-"

"I'm fine."

Tock.

Ricky was not fine. He wanted help, even needed help. But he didn't want to admit it. He already was accustomed to being alone. Leaving the room would require interaction and that scared Ricky. He didn't want to be hurt again. Memories already haunt him, he get reminded everyday of why he ended up like this. His new hobbies were to dream of alternate endings and stare at the clock. If he stared long enough, maybe it would turn back time.

Tick.

As another surge of unwanted memories overtook his thoughts, he closes his eyes. He plays with a small container, hearing it rattle.

Tock.

Ricky slumps down to the ground, finally free of memories.