Damsel In Destress- Cody Rhodes

There's a knock on my door that startles me out of my very much needed sleep. After rustling out of my covers I jog to my front door cursing whoever is banging so loudly out in my head. Angrily, I snatch the door open to find Damien standing with a worried expression. "Do you have any idea what time it is, Damien?" "Actually, I do. While I understand that I have interrupted your beauty sleep, I come with news." I groan taking a step back to glance at the time on the cable box in my living room. "What kind of news do you have at damn near 3 o'clock in the morning?" "It's about Cody, Chantelle. Dustin would've came but their parents aren't handling the news very well." My anger disappears and is replaced with fear and anxiety. I run back to the bedroom I share with my fiancé, Cody Rhodes, to throw on a pair of sweats and UGGS then run back to the front.

We've been riding for what seems like forever before I ask anything. I look over and see that Damien is focused on the road. Probably worrying about his best friends. I'm not a Diva but I understand that no matter what between them on screen they were still the best of friends. "What happened?" "Well, Cody was on his way home from the airport and he got into a terrible accident. I would've been with him had I not been waiting for those damned airline people losing my luggage," he explains shaking his head as if he's blaming himself. I reach over and pat his shoulder. "It's not your fault. But what kind of condition is he in, Damien? I just want to know what to expect." "He has some broken bones and internal bleeding. They don't think he's going to make it through the night, Chanii." I feel my heart break hearing him say that, Cody can't die we're supposed to get married in two weeks. He can't leave me like this. With shaky hands I pull my phone from my pocket to text Dustin, letting him know that I'm on the way and how sorry I am. His response confuses me.

Dustin

What r u talking about Chan? Cody is right next 2 me ... alive and well.

Before I can respond, I get another text this one is from Cody.

Cody

Babe I'm at Dustin's place ... I stopped by on my way home. who told u I was hurt?

I type in Damien and hit send quickly now feeling fearful. Why did Damien play this awful trick on me? He knows I love Cody why would he do this, I mean they're best friends.

Cody

Damien and I had a big argument a few days ago ... hes lost his mind. Where ever u r I'm comin 2 get u. I love you, Chan.

Damien snatches my phone from me before I get a chance to reply and throws it out the window. "Why did you do that?!" "Because you don't need that anymore, Chantelle. You and I are the only company we need." Instead of taking the exit for the hospital, he heads for the exit that will take you to the Cabin Resort in Stone Mountain. Why are we going there? Cody is right...Damien's lost it.

****

My face is throbbing and stinging in ways that I didn't know was possible. I've been locked up in this cabin with Damien for four days now and things haven't gotten any better. Every time I refuse him, he slaps or punches me like I'm a human punching bag. I've given up on Cody coming to find me he's never going to find me because this is the most obvious place.

"You are quite the vixen, Chantelle, I understand why Cody wants to keep him to himself. I cannot let that travesty occur. You're way too intellectual for that miscreant," Damien yells before forcing his lips onto mine. His kiss was hard, rough and his beard is irritating the crap out of my face. A single tear falls from my eyes as he moves away from me with an accomplished smile, the fear of spending my life with this man is here and real. "Don't cry, I know that was much better than Rhodes but no need for the emotions." I wait for him to move closer to me again them I hack spit onto his face making him stumble away from me. Had I not been tied to this chair I would've jumped on him. Damien wipes his face and comes at me with his first cocked back, the first hit lands and blood gushed from my nose and mouth. They continue to fly at me quicker than my mind can comprehend the pain I should be feeling. Quickly he goes over to the dining table and grabs a knife, he cuts the rope off of me and throws me to the floor and begins kicking me.

****

My body is being cradled my initial reaction is to fight fearing that it is Damien trying to get on top of me but then I hear that voice. The voice I've loved for almost 7 years. The Dashing Cody Rhodes. "It's alright, ChanBear, it's me. You're safe now," he whispers softly. He kisses my temple then leans his forehead against mines. "I thought I'd never get you back. I was losing my mind." I listen to his confession letting a tear slip from my eyes to the hospital pillow resting under my head. Cody slides me closer to him, this pain shoots up through my back causing me to yelp in pain and he immediately rubs my back soothingly. "When I was a little girl I used to dream of Superman saving me from a bank robbery or something like that. Ya know, a damsel in distress, " my voice is a little raspy at my regular tone so I whisper. Cody laughs at me, his deep blue eyes twinkling. "Are you calling me Superman, Chan? If so I'm flattered." I start to laugh a little with him, "Of course I'm not, silly. Who needs Superman, when I've got the Dashing Cody Rhodes?" Next thing I know his lips have crashed into mine, we both ignore the radical beeping of my heart monitor and deepen the kiss. The door opens, a nurse and Dustin come running in. "Oh geez, and I thought something was wrong," the nurse says giggling walking back out just as we end our kiss. "Save it for the honeymoon, little bro!"

-------------------------

This was for @wwe4life777 !!!

I do hope it is as romantic as you wanted it to be!!!! :)