Nancy walked away hand in hand with her boyfriend when I heard Jess and Blair laughing from behind me.

“Yeah, laugh as much as you want, I know I’m a loser.” I groaned, throwing my books inside the locker.
Jess came near me and patted my cheek,”Aw, don’t worry. It’s not your fault.”
Blair joined the conversation as well by saying,”Yeah, just because your dad prohibited you from dating doesn’t mean that you are an unprivileged one.”

I leaned into Jess’s ear and whispered, “From where have she learned these words?”
“Today’s English class.” Jess answered nonchalantly.
I passed her a look of acknowledgement and stood straight.

“And I’m ‘unprivileged from what Blair?” I asked, even though I knew what would her answer be.
“To date.” she answered.
“Don’t worry, everything will be alright soon. We will come up with something to convince your dad.” Jess ensured while Blair shook her head to support her.

I chuckle a little and then nodded my head. Then we became to walk toward the cafeteria.

“So, what are you doing tonight?” Jess asked, while we passed the History room.
“Going on a date with Chace Crawford, wanna join?” I joked.
“As if.” Blair snorted, not disgustingly but elegantly. Jess groaned loudly, rolling her eyes, she spoke, “It wasn’t the thing we were talking about. I asked you what you were doing tonight, not about you nasty dreams about a TV star.”

“Sorry, I don’t want him Blair, you take him.” I said and then paused when Blair actually showed a sign of relief by my answer. And then continued tell Jess, “And I don’t know. Maybe when all the school would be finished, I’ll home to your house.”
“Sure.” she smiled and we continued toward our journey to the cafeteria.

The cafeteria was well arranged so that the students could enjoy their lunch without worrying about getting the seat near a dustbin or the gate because all the tables were placed away from all these things.

As we sat on my places along with a few more of our friends, one of the girls Stacey asked,”Hey Jade, how’s Aiden?”

Even the name of Aiden brought a cheeky  smile to face.

“He’s awesome, as always.” I chirped. Aiden was the cutest guy in our school. Since eighth grade, the time I entered this school, he was the first one to catch my eye. He was one of those Golden boys of the school but he wasn’t mean, in fact, he was one of the sweetest people I knew. I didn't know about others, but I passionately believed that he was. His light brown hair always fell on his handsome face perfectly, and his sparkling blue eyes were just so hypnotizing.

"Ah, look at the little girl in love.”
_
_

Later that day when I reached home and entered my living room, I found dad sitting clumsily on the couch and watching a baseball match.

Men and their love for sports!

"Hey, Dad! I’m home." My dad turned his head to look at me and gave me a big smile.

"Welcome back, Princess." he spoke sweetly.

I noticed that he was in a pretty good mood and that was when I knew that it was the best time to talk to him about the absence of my love life.

“You look happy today, something special happened?” I asked, sitting next to him. I turned my head toward the television lazily.
"Yes, our shares are going quite good." he answered with a huge grin.

I nodded my head absent-mindedly and spoke,“How are they playing?” 
“Good, but I think they would-“ and then his rant went on about what should they do to win and how terrible some of the players were. I mean, I liked baseball a lot but that didn’t mean I would first watch the match, then the repeat telecast, the highlights and then the news channels, talking about how a team played. It was all what dad did.

So I decided to interrupt him, “Dad, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, Princess." His eyes were still fixed on the television.

"Should I..”
“Don’t you think…”
and many more attempt but I failed to find the suitable and convincing words to express my thoughts.

“Dad, shouldn’t I be allowed to date now?” I whined. Trailing my words toward him, I waited for him to give his reaction while I looked down my hands.

He suddenly turned to me with a baffled look and I dropped my hands back to my sides. Oh, this is not good.

"Why?"

"C'mon, Daddy! I look so left out in high school. Even that nerd Nancy has a boyfriend."

"No! You know why I’m not allowing you to date. Your sister hasn't dated anyone till now. She is the older sibling and it’s only right for her to date first." He has been giving these terrible and nonsense excuses from such a long time and it was getting out of control.

"How does that become the basis of me not getting to date? Come on, Daddy. Please?" I whined again.

"No, Jade. I won't let you. Let your sister date someone first. How would it look if the younger one is going on a date when the older one is sitting at home alone?" he asked, getting up from his seat.

"It will look nice, Dad, please." I answered, rolling my eyes and crossing my arms against my chest defensively.

"My decision is final, Jade. You can't date unless Sage starts to date."

"Aww, you can't do that, Dad." I complained, watching my chances go by like always.

"I can't, but I will. This conversation is over." he said firmly.

"That’s so unfair, Dad." I stomped my feet on the ground. I knew by attempt would go waste just like the ones I had tried in the past but now I knew it was getting out of my hands to convince dad.

I ran to my room and locked the door, wanting to have time just for myself. My dad was my role model, but what he was doing was just unrealistic.

Urg, only God knew what would happen to this problem!

***********

This is my very first story so please try to mind the mistakes!  I'm try my best to write! :)

Don't forget to:

VOTE

COMMENT

AND ENJOY! :D