33

UNEDITED

T H I R D   P E R S O N

"Fúck!" Charlotte shouted as she landed on the roof leading to Dauntless.

She fell on her side, her hands carefully wrapped around her still bleeding wound. Caleb immediately helped her up and supported her weight as they limped to the edge of the roof.

Tris spoke firmly through the strong winds blowing around them, "There's a net down there. Don't think, just jump."

Without any further, she placed the gun against her chest and jumped down. Andrew and Marcus quickly followed her lead and jumped down with slight hesitation. On her side, Charlotte can sense that Caleb was reluctant on jumping.

Turning to him, she carefully chose her words as to not show her pain, "Look, you don't have to worry about anything. It's completely safe."

Caleb gulped, "I'm not worried. I'm just... cautious."

Charlotte gritted her teeth, "Good. I think we should go now. Like, really go. I don't think my---fúck. We need to go, Caleb."

Caleb slightly cringed at the way he said his name. Charlotte pronounced it as "Kah-leb" not "Cey-leb".

He took a deep breath before getting ready to jump. Caleb was about to plunge into air, but he whipped his head back at the youngest Eaton, "How about you? Your wound could--"

"I'll be fine," Charlotte winced as her fingers clenched around her wound, "Just fúcking go. Please."

Caleb bit his lip at the apparent pain in her voice and jumped down. As he fell, the brunette girl shook her head slightly at Caleb's screaming.

Charlotte eased her body to jump down as soon as Caleb's screaming stopped. Taking a deep breath, she protectively wrapped an arm around her stomach before plunging into the air.

The wind blowing against her would have been refreshing if it wasn't for the blood that she felt in her fingertips.

When Charlotte finally hit the net, she wasn't surprised to see Caleb on the side struggling to get out of it. Sighing, she grasped the net tightly in her free hand and did her best to crawl over to the Erudite.

"Just drag yourself," Charlotte grunted to the eldest Prior, "Grab the net and pull yourself off, damn it."

She couldn't help but let the agitation and anger escape her lips. She was fúcking wounded, who could blame her?

"Alright, alright." Caleb raised his hands before doing as she said.

He got out of the net after how many minutes of tugging, his breathing was harsh and he had a hand on his chest. "That was a lot of hard work." He muttered tiredly to Charlotte.

"Fúcking damn it." She hissed, "If I don't see the fúcking infirmary after a minute, I'm going to fúcking kill you. My stomach is burning, for fúck's sake!"

"Sorry," Caleb said sheepishly before helping Charlotte down the net.

The two of them wobbled to the direction of the infirmary to finally  treat Charlotte's wound.

"There," Charlotte pointed to the doors of the infirmary and allowed Caleb to drag her there.

Caleb grunted and swiftly walked towards the infirmary. He opened the door with a soft bang and carried the limping Eaton to one of the beds.

"Thank fúcking goodness," Charlotte gasped out as she felt the soft mattress on her back.

"Don't move too much," Caleb scolded her as he scanned the shelves for medicines and tweezers.