20. The Chance Family

"Who was that?" Was the first thing I heard when he entered the car.

"An asshole that isn't worth my time," I scoffed, facing the window.

Ryder started the car and I looked at the time.

6:34 P.M.

I looked at him weirdly. He must have noticed because he made a side glance my way and raised his eyebrow.

"Don't you live next door from me? Why are we using a car?" I asked, completely confused.

He chuckled lightly, "My parents have an expensive estate that they only use on special occasions. The reason we don't live there is because the house next to yours was invested by my Grandfather. And, they said they didn't need such a huge house for just us three."

An expensive estate? How rich exactly is this guy?

"Special occasions?" I repeat.

He sighed, "Yes, love. They are so drawn to the idea of me finally liking a girl."

I blush, but nod, "Oh," was all I said.

I furrow my eyebrows in frustration with myself, and then quickly recover and smile at him. He glances half-way and grins back at me.

We drove for at least 20 minutes, with me blaring One Direction and him cursing at me to stop singing.

I would just laugh it off and continue singing.

When we reach the estate, I could not believe my eyes.

There's a huge black gate, with a keypad connected.

1973

He easily types those numbers in the keypad, and then the gates open.

There are flowers surrounding the roadway. The roadway is in a horse shoe shape. There's a beautiful water fountain in the middle of the driveway.

Then that's when I see it.

Victoria and Tyler.

Victoria has a beautiful, long black dress that ends just at her ankles. It has a slit from her mid thigh, down to the bottom of the dress. It has a fair amount of sequins on the sweetheart neckline of the dress. It's hugging her curves perfectly, and her red hair is in beautiful waves. She has one side of her hair pinned back with a sequin bobby-pin. Her shoes are a beautiful shiny black color with just the front toes sticking out.

Tyler is wearing grey tuxedo. His button up is white, while his tie and suit is grey. He's wearing black formal shoes.

And at this point, I feel undressed.

They're paitently waiting by the stairs of the estate, smiling like they're the most happiest people ever.

Which they probably are. They basically have all the money they desire.

I stare in amazement, until I feel the car come to a stop. My stomach immediately churns on me and I feel nauseous all over again.

I have a nervous look on my face, and Ryder must have noticed because I jolted when he grabbed my hand and gave me a reassuring smile.

I grin nervously back at him.

"Look, I know they can be intimidating at times, but you'll be okay. I'll be there if anything happens," he whispers to me, before letting go of my hand and walking out to grab my door.

He opens my door and extends his hand for me to grab. I gladly take it and smile gratefully at him. He smiles, showing his perfect smile that makes my heart drop.