18. Beautiful

It's Wednesday. And I still have yet to tell my mom about the dinner.

In all honesty, I'm scared. I haven't completely sat down with the Chance family by myself, with Ryder.

It's not like me and Ryder are dating or anything, but his parents are just very intimidating and terrifying to me. And I'm pretty sure that if Ryder's 'dad' says one bad thing about, or towards me, Ryder will flip his shit.

I honestly don't know what me and Ryder are anymore. We are far past friends, but we aren't dating. It's confusing me, and I think Ryder knows, he just doesn't want to talk about it.

But I am not having it anymore.

I may be over-reacting, but this has been going on for well over a month. We need to talk about our relationship some time. Even if it's at the dinner, or not.

" Hey, this is Taylor Charms, sorry I couldn't reach your call. I'll get back to you as soon as I can!" said my mother's voicemail for the 1,000th time.

Why isn't my mom picking up? I just saw her this morning.

Which was really weird. I usually never see her. Especially in the mornings. She's usually gone before I wake up.

"Hey, love. What's wrong?" a husky, deep, familiar voice said.

I turn around and see Ryder leaning up against the school brick wall. His eyebrows are furrowed and he has a confused, concerned look on his gorgeous face.

"I've been trying to call my mom all morning, she hasn't picked up. I saw her this morning, which was weird, but now she's not picking up. I haven't told her about the dinner thing yet. That's why I'm trying to call her." I finish.

He raised an eyebrow at me, "You haven't told her yet?"

I shook my head, "I keep forgetting. But now it's crucial because I need an outfit for the dinner."

He smirked, "Getting all dressed up for me now are we, babe?"

My stomach slightly fluttered at the word 'babe', but I pushed it aside and rolled my eyes, "You wish, lover boy."

He grins at his new found nickname, and places his arm around my shoulders. I smile to myself and my heart does flips from his action.

I shouldn't be over thinking these kinds of things about him. Especially when its about him. He's a player, and I'm pretty sure he has done all of this to the girls he played.

This is just a game. A game I'd rather not play.

"Hey, Clarity!" Shouted a very familiar male voice.

Me and Ryder direct our attention to a blue eyed boy with lazily ruffled blonde hair.

Zach McCarthey.

"Hey, Zach," I said with a small smile.

He finally reaches to where I am and pants a little more before turning his attention back on me. He gives me a huge grin and hugs me.

In the process of this all, Zach ripped me out of Ryder's reach and away from his arm. This is definitely going to be bad.

"Hands off, shaggy," growls a deep, husky voice that I have come to love.

Zach pulls away and raises an eyebrow at me, and then Ryder. He places his arm around my shoulders, just like Ryder had before.

"I didn't realize Clare Bear here had a boyfriend," he looks back down at me with a small smirk on his face.

I blush and shout, "We arent-"

"Yeah well, believe it, shaggy," Ryder cuts in while I was practically shouting at the top of my lungs.