Chapter 1: Rule Number 40

2 weeks before the events of the NCIS season 13 finale.

Ziva POV ~
~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~
   Something isn't right. I keep getting the feeling that I am being watched. Rule number 40 keeps running through my mind. "If it seems like someone is out to get you, they are." Thankfully, whoever is spying on me can only see the outside of my house, not the inside. I've managed to keep Tali a secret.

    What does this person want from me?

   I started to think of things that would make someone spy on me.

   When I came back to Israel for good, I began going through the files on my father's computer. Most of the files were in cases that didn't hold much intrest for me, but there was one case involving Jacob Scott that seemed odd. I remembered that while I was at NCIS, we had reviewed the case and Jacob Scott was guilty. This file proved him innocent. This must be why I am being watched. Someone set Scott up and doesn't want anyone to figure that out. I saved that file off of my father's computer, just in case NCIS might need that data in the future.

  As I remembered this, I realized whoever was watching me must want something with this information. I made sure that I kept the flash drive with the files with me at all times.

I have to ask Orli about this. Maybe she would know more. I gathered up Tali's things and drove to Tel Aviv.

< time skip >

I arrived at the Mossad headquarters and took Tali up to Orli's office.

  " Ziva! What a suprise. Why are you here? Orli said to me as I entered her office and set Tali down with some toys to play with.

   " For the past few months, I've been getting the feeling that Tali and I are being watched. I don't know why but do you know anything?"

   " Our agents have discovered that a man in the United States by the name of Trent Kort wants those files about Jacob Scott on your father's computer destroyed. I know that he will do whatever it takes to get rid of them. You're not safe here, Ziva, you need to leave Israel.

  "Orli, you know I cannot just . . . disappear. I need to take care of Tali."

   "Ziva, you need to do this for the protection of your daughter. I will keep Tali in a safe place, and you will stay at your home. Everyone needs to believe that you are dead, to make sure that Tali and you are safe. I will make it look like Tali survived the fire alone. Bring her to my home tomorrow afternoon. We have reports that you will be attacked in the evening. You will need to leave right as soon as it starts without anyone seeing you."

  "But what will happen to Tali after I leave?"

"I will take her to America, and make a visit to NCIS."

"But . . . "

  " I think it's time he knew, Ziva."

  "But what if he doesn't want to take care of her?"

  "Dear Ziva, you do not give him enough credit. More than once he has risked everything for you. Do you not think he will do the same for your daughter?"

   "He will be angry that I did not tell him."

  "Yes, he probably will, but he will understand eventually. Trust him, Ziva"

". . . I will "

"You're going to make your way to Paris, yes?"

"Yes, hopefully he will know to come there."

"I'm sure he will. Here, " she said, pulling out a small wallet out of her desk. "Fake ID's and enough money to get you there , I hope." she handed it to me and I took it and put in in my pocket.

  "Thank you, Orli."

   "You are welcome, Ziva" I gathered up Tali and her toys and drove back to our home.

I have a lot to do.

~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~
a/n - I hope you like this story. I was so disappointed with the way the season finale ended so I decided to make my own. Please favorite and comment:) it helps a lot.
   love - tivawaigequintis 🌸