Introduction: Nostalgia Town

Nostalgia Town is a place famous for its legends of angels, demons, and the like. Many elders have spoken of the wars between beings of good and evil, but of course there was no evidence for these events ever taking place. Regardless, there are people who live in this small town claiming to have been touched by the heavens and kissed by death itself. Others claim that the town is haunted by spirits that have not passed, or in extreme cases, the beings were distressed angels and demons waiting to take revenge on the ones that ended their lives during the Heavenly War. Tourists come to visit in hopes of encountering such adventures, or to venerate the craftsmanship of the many statues of saints and devilish creatures.

In this peaceful town, the sun seemed to always let off a gentle glow. The air smelled of flowers in bloom, and the warmth of the sunlight gently embraced ones' skin. It was a comforting atmosphere; as if you were reflecting back on a pleasant memory.

Children played near the ocean side where a lighthouse stood worn down by the lack of maintenance. Small shops and cafes stood side by side on cobblestone walkways, and further in were luxurious restaurants and hotels where many wealthy people have spent their time.

It was like any other afternoon when you were rushing on your way to work. You were a waitress at a hearty Pub called the "Clover Club" with your shift being at ten a.m. and ending at six. However, you were a heavy sleeper, and if left with no disturbance you could sleep until late in the evening, resulting in staying up for the entire night. Due to this, you usually worked night shifts in the Pub, but this week they were low on staff and needed extra hands. Not used to being up at such a time, you dashed across the street, hoping to make it to your job punctually. Sadly, commuter trains were unsympathetic to an individual's circumstances.

You didn't usually sleep through your alarm. But last night, you had been kept up until all hours of the night talking with childhood friend, Jungkook, over the phone. Jungkook had told you what seemed to be a serious story, so you had listened as seriously as possible. However, as it turned out, Jungkook had come to a conclusion by himself. This was just like him, and as someone who had lost his family and close relatives at a young age, he was always like family to you. You had shared similarities in that respect, speaking how you, too, were abandoned at a young age. Your only teacher had been your older sister who had died two years ago due to sickness.

Thinking back to the events of last night, you smiled to yourself, thinking perhaps you would be treated kindly by Jungkook in the future until you saw the red light up ahead. Desperate, you placed your front foot forward to jaywalk your way to the station when a child, no older than seven, jumped into the street to fetch a handball.

Watching the young boy, you looked at the end of the street cautiously. Then, you noticed it: a car barreling down in his direction.

Something you never felt before manifested inside you. With no concern for yourself or of the danger ahead, you rushed forward to try and save the boy, and with a clanging impact your vision was abruptly filled with the blue sky. The world around you began fading in and out of consciousness until there was nothing for you to see but darkness.

In those seconds before opening your eyes, a faint voice coming from some unseen location was heard. It sounded like the voice of your deceased sister.

Accosting to the darkness, you called out her name.

"N...Nami?"

The voice responded back with that of a warning but of a gentle guidance.

"No matter what happens, never lose sight of yourself. Believe in yourself...", she said, nearly drowned out by the ringing alarm of an ECG machine. At first, you recognized the sound, but didn't quite know what it was. Remembering the dramas you used to watch with Jungkook and Nami, you feared the worst.