Bonds

Sasuke held his girlfriend of three years in his arms, staring down at her sleeping figure. His long slender figures played with her onyx colored hair. Snake lay on Sasuke's chest, her figure rising and falling as Sasuke's breathed. 

"I'm going to make you my wife someday." Sasuke murmured, softly kissing Snake's forehead and letting himself go into a peaceful sleep, dreaming of his future with the love of his life.

Sasuke's unconscious state didn't last for long as he felt a chakra signature nearing his side of the hideout. He opened one eye, he looked at Snake who was still in a deep slumber. Slowly and quietly the familiar chakra stood outside Sasuke's door.

The door creaked open slowly, only a few inches wide. The bright outside light shone on Sasuke's back which was faced to the door. 

Sai's voice was soft, "Ninja Art: Super Beast Scroll." Sasuke felt multiple, smaller versions of Sai's chakra, he counted them in his head. One, Two, Three. Three plus Sai at the door.

Within seconds those three chakra's were above Sasuke's and Snake's figure, staring down at them. Sasuke's fingered twitched in annoyance.

"Who's there?" Sasuke asked, not out of curiosity but for an explanation.

Sasuke let out a sort of gasp, he was caught so quickly. "You know I'm here..but I have the advantage."

"You're in my hideout, remember that." Sasuke paused, "What do you want?"

"I am on a mission by Lord Danzo, he wishes to have you and the rest of the criminals here dead, my only target was you. But I was told to kill as many birds with the least amount of stones. But me, I have come here for a different reason." Sai's fist clenched, "I am here to take you both back to the Leaf."

"I have no emotions, at least that's how it started out but as I continued my journey with Team Kakashi, feelings have stirred and resurfaced. You and that Team have something special, a bond that I don't quite understand if I'm being honest. They are desperately holding onto it and I, am here to protect it!" 

Snake stirred slightly, grabbed Sasuke's hand in her sleep and sighed in content. "You almost woke up my girlfriend, for a bond?" 

Sai's eye widened at Sasuke's dangerous tone, that scared feeling punched Sai causing him to let him finish his jutsu, Sasuke countered it causing an explosion to go off, destroying one fourth of the hideout. Sai coughed in the debris, his eyes trying to zone in and find Sasuke. His eyes finally landed on Sasuke who stood a top of the destroyed hideout, a good thirty-forty feet above him. Next to him was Snake who wiped her eyes sleepily.

"Great," Sasuke snapped, "You woke her up." Snake let her eyes close again, she leaned on Sasuke, resting slightly. Sai stared at the two, as if trying to figure out a puzzle.

Loud footsteps were heard, quick and angry running at Sai at full speed, a flash of pink ran forward. Sakura furiously grabbed Sai by the neck and pulled him forward. "Enough! How many times were you going to betray us before you-"

"Sakura." Sasuke's monotone voice called out. 

The pinkette froze in place, completely forgetting Sai, 'That's his voice. That's Sasuke's voice.' Sakura looked to her side slowly, her eyes wandering until they landed on the couple. Sasuke's grip on Sai loosened until her arms fell limply to her side, her mouth agape in shock.

"You're here." Sakura's soft voice trembled.

Snake listened to their conversation silently, her face still in Sasuke's chest, eyes closed. 'How would they react? No longer being blind, being betrayed, seeing us grow up, maturing.' Snake thought in distress.