The Bad Boy

Dedicated to: Georgia_Rose1 Hope you like it and please play the ed sheeran song<3 since you said you liked him. Thanks luv<3

How you meet:

You were sitting in math class, bored out of your mind. You hate math. You are about to fall asleep listening to the teacher drone on and on, when a wad of paper suddenly hits the board. The teacher stops mid-sentence and looks in the direction where the paper was thrown. The teacher sighs, knowing who it is.
"James, that's the third time this week that you've caused a disturbance in class. I'm going to have to ask you to go down to the Principal's office," he says. You turn and see a dark-haired boy shrug his shoulders and get up. You watch him as he passes your seat. He makes eye contact with you and grins.
"Hopefully that lifted your spirits a bit, sweetheart," James says to you, winking. He then leaves the room and shuts the door. Everyone is now staring at you.
"I swear, I didn't ask him to do that," you deny.
"Of course not, Miss y/l/n (your last name)," the teacher assures. "I would never expect anything like that from you." You sigh in relief, and you hear mumbles of confusion from the rest of the class before the teacher continues with the lesson.

How you knew you liked him:
You were sitting at lunch with your best friends, talking and laughing as usual. You hear someone's hands slam your table, making you jump. You look up and see the school slut, Tristen (sorry if that's your name; I just picked a random name!). You roll your eyes and ignore her.
"What on earth are you wearing?" she snaps at you. You raise your eyebrow, confused, considering she always wore skirts short enough to see half of each butt cheek, and because you always dressed appropriately. You check your outfit again before answering her.
"Um, I'm wearing a pink blouse, a floral skirt with a brown belt, a gray, suede jacket, and white oxfords," you confirm.
"Exactly."
"Um, I don't see a problem with it."
"Well of course you don't, you're the one wearing it." You roll your eyes at this comment. She was seriously ridiculous. "Y/n, it's SO inappropriate."
"I wouldn't be talking," you snap. "You're wearing a bralet with short-shorts and flip-flops." She laughs at this.
"And yet, I haven't been sent to the office yet."
"That's because everyone's scared of what you'll do to them," a male voice says from behind Tristen. She jumps and steps to the side, revealing James. Everyone in the cafeteria is staring now. EVERYONE. "Face it, Tristen. You're the biggest b!%3# at school and humiliate anyone who rats you out, even though they're telling the truth. And you know that you are a slut and that half of the s#!% you say isn't true. Take right now, for instance. You know for a FACT that y/n looks awesome in that outfit, which is totally school-appropriate, and you feel that the only way to express your jealousy is to lie and say that SHE looks like a slut. It's ironic and stupid. Now get out of my face before I have to rat you out." A bunch of "oooooh"s, "woooah"s and "burn!"s echo across the cafeteria. Tristen turns bright red, looks around the cafeteria at everyone staring at her, and storms off. You can't believe that James just did that. You're about to get up and approach him when he approaches a vacant seat right next to you. "Is this seat taken?" Your friends gasp, but he ignores them.
"No, of course not," you respond, smiling. He returns the grin and sits by you. Everyone is still staring, now at you two. James rolls his eyes. He stands up.
"Well? You all have lives to get back to; it's time to move on!" he yells, his voice ringing throughout the place. Everyone bashfully returns to what they were doing. Satisfied, James sits back down.
"Why did you do that?" you ask him.
"Well, I don't know about you, but I hate it when people stare at me," he responds. You roll your eyes.
"That's not what I meant, smart-a$$." You wink at him to let him know your teasing. He grins his signature grin at you, which happens to be VERY sexy.
"Sassy. I like that. Maybe it's because I know that you don't deserve Tristen's crap and because I want to know you," he says, winking back at you. You smile, and you two talk for the rest of the lunch period, laughing and getting to know each other. You discover that you really admire how brave, strong (I'm not talking just physically, I mean emotionally as well), and protective he is and that he doesn't care about what other people think of him. From that day forth, you knew that you had feelings for him.

How you get together:
You're sitting in Language Arts class, doodling on your paper and listening to music. You had already finished your homework, so you were free to do so. You hear the teacher speaking, so you remove one headphone.
"James, you're actually working?" you hear her saying. You turn around (James sits at the back of the room and you sit at the front), and sure enough, you see James writing in his notebook. You guys had been getting to know each other for about a month now.
"Uh..sure, you could say that," Reese says nervously. You are shocked, for two reasons: one, he never gets his work done; two, he never gets nervous, either. His friend snickers and tries to see what James is writing, but he shuts it and pulls it to him. "You're about to find out," you hear him whisper to his friend. Confused, you turn back around, put your headphone back in, and return to doodling. A few seconds later, a paper airplane lands on your desk. The teacher notices it as well. Your first instinct is to pick it up and throw it away, but when you look closely at it, you can see words. The teacher is about to open her mouth, but you speak before her.
"Mrs. Moore, please wait a minute; I don't think this is a prank," you say. Mumbles of confusion spread across the room. "I'm getting really tired of that," you think to yourself. Curious to know what is written inside, you unfold the paper airplane. Inside, this is written is chicken-scratch handwriting:

Hey sweetheart, u free this friday? Cuz I was hoping we could go to the football game together.
Sincerely,
you-know-who ;)

You smile when you see the way the note is signed, and you know immediately that it's James. "It's no prank," you confirm to the teacher. "Don't worry about it." The teacher raises her eyebrow at you, getting the hint.
"Okay then," she says, returning to her computer. You hear her mumble "Not classy at all," under her breath. Instead of writing your response on the piece of paper and giving it back to James, you rip out a piece of paper from your own notebook, write "of course ;)", crinkle it into a ball, wait until the teacher isn't watching, and chuck it at James. He fails to catch it, and it bounces on his face before landing on his desk. His friends snicker at him. He shushes them and unrolls the ball. He looks at you with the biggest grin ever, and you wink at him. He mouths the words "six o' clock" at you, and you give him the thumbs up.

It's the night of the game, at 5:30, and you still can't decide what to wear.
"Y/n, just wear something casual; after all, it's just a football game," your best friend says to you. You had invited her over to help you pick out an outfit.
"I know that, but I want to look SOMEWHAT decent," you answer.
"Fine," your best friend says, sighing and walking over to join you in front of your closet. After going through your closet for about five minutes, y/bff's/n picks out your white knit sweater, your brown combat boots, simple jeans, and a purple scarf. You find simple earrings, and your best friend puts your brown hair (half-up, half-down) and your makeup (mascara, eyeshadow, foundation, blush, and lipgloss) which makes your beautiful emerald green eyes pop out. You hear a car horn from your driveway, and your heart stops. You check your watch. 6:00, right on the dot.
"That's him," you say. "How do I look?"
"You look gorgeous," your friend tells you. "Here, take this." She hands you a stick of gum. You raise an eyebrow at her. "Just in case, you know." She winks at you, and you lightly slap her.
"Stop it! It's the first date."
"Yeah, well, this is James we're talking about. You never know."
"Bye!" you tell her, ignoring her comment and walking out of the house.
"Wow," James says, once you get in his car. "You look amazing." You blush slightly.
"Thanks. Let's do this thing!" He laughs at your energy.
"Alright then." On that note, he pulls out of your driveway and heads towards school.
You walk around the entire time so that you can keep yourselves warm. You guys spend the evening talking and laughing, as usual. It feels very natural for both of you. You guys stop to watch the game every once in a while. On the way back to your house, you guys sing very loudly to popular songs on the radio. You walk up to your front door cracking up at how horrible you guys sound.
"Okay, THAT was awesome," you tell him. "I had a blast with you."
"And I had a blast with you," he returns. "How does next friday sound for date #2?"
"I think that sounds great." You add a little flirty wink at the end, and he chuckles. You bite your lip and look at the ground nervously.
"Are you nervous?" he asks, lifting your chin up.
"A little," you admit, in a small voice. He smiles at you.
"Was it this you were nervous about?" he leans in and kisses you lightly but intensely for about four seconds.
"Yup, because I didn't know if you were going to do it or not." He laughs again, but it's not harsh.
"You're adorable. Well, I'll see you again next friday, then."
"Yup!" He kisses you quickly on the forehead before leaving.

After high school:
You guys date for six years, and he proposes to you every year after graduating high school, but you tell him that you want to wait until you at least graduate college. You finally get married after six years. He becomes a construction manager. You learn that he likes to have a lot of "fun", and you get lots of surprises because of it. For instance, you have your first child six months after the wedding, which turns out to be a boy. You name him Jensen. One year later, you have your first daughter, Sage. Another year later, you have twins; a boy and a girl. You name your boy Harvey and your girl Ellie. Jensen is just like his father; a total rebel who doesn't care about what people think of him. He also struggles with school like his father. The only thing that differentiates him from his dad is the fact that he plays lacrosse. He is quite popular with the ladies, since he got his father's flirting skills. Sage has her father's attitude, so she's a bit stubborn sometimes. She doesn't love school, but she is excellent at art. That's the only class she enjoys. She doesn't play sports at school because she can't stand playing on a team with all girls. With this in mind, she LOVES playing football and street hockey with the neighborhood boys. She is quite sassy with the boys, which makes them want to chase her even more. Harvey and Ellie are almost exactly alike. The twins are not as much like their father like the other two are; they are more reserved, very disciplined and do very well in school. They are also involved in extracurriculars at school. For example, Harvey plays on the football team and the basketball team. He is also in the choir. The girls think his shyness is adorable. Ellie does the plays and the musicals and participates in the school choir as well. She likes to ski in the winter. The boys think she's cute and prefer her as a friend most of the time, mostly because she's pretty oblivious when it comes to the "romantic" world.