_______

       I woke the next morning, wrapping in a blanket that smelt of Kratos and a pillow as soft as a spring's wind. But, as I moved in the bed, I realized that I was slowly swaying, laying in the hammock that hugged my body. My right eye refused to open, but the left looked around, allowing me to check my surroundings. For a moment, a fleeting moment, I felt as if everything had been a dream and I was in Mother Tree. But, the instant that my eye allowed me to see the city in the close distance, reality started to sink back into me. No, it wasn't a dream. It was all real.

        Rolling onto my back, I allowed my limbs to stretch and the bones in my body to make little pops. A sigh left me as I looked up at the ceiling, the coral chandelier hanging low, while the pearl like candles flickered softly to illuminate the room. Why was I in the hammock? Had I not been asleep with Kratos when we had left for bed? But, then again, he did seem very distant after he had told me of the island. Why had the war broke out there?

       A knock came to my door as my feet made contact with the ground, my stomach hurting from the lack of foot, and my eyes still fluttering from sleep leaving my body. Without making a sound, I looked up to see Anya poke her head inside, looking at the bed with a raised brow before she turned towards the hammock to see me. I stood naked, my hair covering my body, but I was still naked. This apparently shocked her as she closed the door quickly behind her, dashing towards me as she grabbed a robe.

        "My Lady!" She said with a frustrated groan. I rolled my eyes, wanting to tell her what I had always said about my 'title' but refused as my mind was not awake enough to allow me to speak. "You must be freezing, Vixas." Much better, Anya. "The King has requested you for breakfast," she said with a smile. "He wishes to spend some time with you before he has a council meeting this morning."

       Nodding my head, I allowed myself to walk over to the bed and sit, the brush in my hand as I ran it through my hair. Why did he move me to my chambers? I thought that I had gone to bed with him after making love, don't have the warmth like I do the next morning when I wake. Could I have been so exhausted from the swim back to the kingdom that I had dreamed all of it? I barley remember supper, or getting ready for bed. Did I even have a bath after returning?

       "Is everything alright, Vixas?" She asked, looking at me with a worried look. I shook my head, placing the brush in my lap. Come to think of it, my mind was extremely foggy and slightly pounding. Had I drunk wine the night before? Surly not... but I was feeling slightly groggy and not as awake as I would be once I had moved from the hammock.

        Looking up at her, I could see the concern in her eyes.

        "When did I come to my bedchambers?" I asked, looking at her with a slightly confused expression. What happened?

         "Late last night, after you had downed two bottles of wine." She whispered, looking down at her knotted hands. "I helped you into bed, but you refused and said that you didn't want to sleep in the bed, but the hammock. Once you stripped your clothes, I helped you in and covered you with a blanket. But it wasn't the one you wanted, so I searched around until I found something from the King's chambers. You cried yourself to sleep, and I held your hand the entire time." I blinked a few times not understanding. But, as she spoke, I could slightly remember the events.

          "What caused me to become drunk?" I know that I can hold my liquor, but I've never stooped so low as to get drunk to the point of not being able to remember or hide my feelings when it was needed. What had I done to cause this? Anya then gave me the glass of water that she had held in her hands, which I was now noticing. I took it from her with a small smile, bringing the cool and calming water to my lips. I could feel my body go from a dry desert, to an oasis. The entire goblet was empty before she could speak. Nodding my thanks to her, I held it between my hands, crossing my legs on the bed, getting comfortable.