Chapter 2

* I do not own Percy Jackson or The Avengers *
______________________________________________
Bruce third person POV-

  Bruce was having what you might call a nearly green day. It all started with Tony and Clint playing a prank on him. Though Tony and Clint thought dumping buckets of green glitter on him was funny, it took all Bruce had to not become anymore green then the glitter made him. Their little prank also made him late for the clinic. Which he work a couple hours a week. He was filling in for a doctor who was on Maturity leave. Though he loved being a doctor, the big guy as Tony put it didn't. His morning was spent telling worried mothers that their was nothing wrong with there child. The teenagers were all faking to get out of their math test. The babies were just fussy and their mothers just over protective. The few patients that need his help were few and mostly just need a physical. Though he never expected that his life as a doctor to be like House or Grey's Anatomy. He was a doctor for Shield and the Avengers. He was use to bullet holes, injuries from bombs, and nearly life threatening poisons. Not the common cold. Though he like to think he was doing good he was bored and it was just feeding into the Big Guy's patience. So when the nurse told him that Dr. Wang was back from her lunch break and he could take his. He sprinted to the closest place he knew that couldn't calm him down. Central Park.
     Bruce sat down on the bench eating a lunch that one of Tony's many interns made for him. He took in the atmosphere. There was couples holding hands, tourist point a every little thing, kids running around being chased by their nannies, and a group of boys playing soccer on a open patch of grass. He was not really a sports fan, but the soccer game seem to calm him. He watch the teens run back and fourth. Cheering when they score a goal and cursing when another did. He watched as they slowed down as they spotted another boy. The boy was tall with black hair that never seemed to stay down. Bruce chuckled a little from the back the boy could have been a younger version of Tony. Though the boy looked like Tony there were striking differences. For one the boy had a natural tan, unlike Tony's expensive spray tan. Their was also the way he held himself it was munch like Steve in a way. A soldier's stance, but the boy didn't seem old enough. He watched as the boys talked. He was to far away to see the boy's face munch less hear the teens talk. He watched as the Tony look alike joined the soccer game.

Percy third POV-
Percy woke up screaming form his tartarus inspired nightmare. It was pure luck that no one herd him. He got up his body protesting the movements.
He walked into McDonald's slipping into the bathroom he changed in to a slightly less blood stained shirt. He splash water on his face waking him up. Contrary to belief water doesn't magical heal him with out his dad's say and even then it has only happened in salt water. That being said Percy still felt that it rejuvenated him in some way. Like when you drink a double espresso. The pain was not gone, but at least it was manageable.
He left McDonald's with a coffee and a Mc Muffin, feeling slightly better then when he entered. He spent the rest of his mourning wondering around the city. Avoiding monster when he could. Around noon he found himself wondering through Central Park.
He was surprised how normal the park was. How no one seem to realize that there were gods, monster, Titans, or wars happen before their eyes. Percy wished he could still live with that ignorance. Percy wondered around the taking in the shear peacefulness of the place. As he was questioning wether to leave and message Nico that he was alive and ok, he saw some boys he know form Goode.
He prayed that they didn't recognize him. He didn't go to school at all last year. After Hera kidnap, new Rome, Tartarus, and war he missed out on a whole year of school. Even when he went to school he left a lot for long periods of time. It always raised questions, but his absents never hindered friendship he made at Goode. He was pretty popular. Apparently all you have to do to be popular is blow up the school. Maybe it's the sheer fact that they have had a extra two weeks of vacation, Percy didn't know. He knew nearly everyone at Goode and they knew him. So his disappearances had defiantly been noticed he wondered what Paul had told them.
Percy prayed to all gods he knew. He was even so bold to pray to Annabeth. Which in reality might have been his down fall, because it seemed that as soon as he completed his prayer one of the boys stopped running and pointed at him. The others follow his gaze. One boy picked up the ball they were playing with. They all started running toward him.
If he was smart he would have runaway, but his seaweed brain was showing and he remained still letting them come toward him. The first one to reach him was Dane Baris your typical jock. Percy met him through swimming following closely behind him were Lucas Jacobs, Jesse Roberts, Victor Thomson, and West Hugh. All of which he either  met through swimming or ate with at lunch. He was only really close to Dane, but he hang out with all of them.
"Percy the Percy Jackson is that you?" Dane shouted Percy just nodded. " Where were you?" Dane asked. " yay, what happened you just leave. No one knew anything." Lucas added. " Rachel, was really worried you know. We all thought you died or went to rehab or something" West added "We ask Mr. Blowfis a couple of times, but he wouldn't tell us anything." Jesse said with a sad face. "Sooo..." Dane continued.
Percy took his time. Trying to find a plausible reason that they would believe. "I spent the year with my father in Greece. My great grandmother was losing a battle against cancer and my parent wanted me to get to know her before she was laid to rest." Percy had chose his words carefully. Must of it was true. Gia was a great great grandmother and he had laid her to rest. So it was believable. The other nodded their head In a " that sounds about right" kind of way. A few cools and some sorry for your lost. Then there was an awkward silence. For awhile they just stood there till Dane broke the silence.
"So, we are a person short want to play." Percy knew that he shouldn't with is newly stitched wound not to mention the broken ribs that were still not heal, and the other wounds that covered most of his scared skin. Even though Will would be locking him in the infirmary for the rest of his life he said yes. His exact words were 
" yeah sure, why not?" He could almost hear Annabeth yell a him "Why not? Seaweed brain! Gods that could kill you. The great Percy Jackson died do to fierce soccer game. You really are a Seaweed brain."  As he throw his bag down and joined the game.