Chapter 4: Agustus

Start from the beginning

  “Okay, I’ll keep an eye on him until you guys get home from school.”

  “Are you sure? If you are going somewhere else, you can leave him here. He doesn’t look like any trouble.” I looked at Kobe. He is resting at Mrs. McKinley’s feet. I feel like the dog already knows her.

  “Its fine dear, I don’t have anything to do today so I’ll look out for him.”

I thanked her and we finished eating. I got upstairs and do my routine. Take a bath and fix myself. I used my powers to lift my bag and it moved towards me and I caught it. “This is coming really handy” I thought to myself, and headed downstairs and go to school.

  Like the usual, Anthony is waiting for me at the front door. Kobe ran towards me before I closed the door and I patted his head.

  “Bye Mr. and Mrs. McKinley, bye Kobe.” I winked at him and closed the door. Anthony and I walked to the school without talking to each other. I think he might still be thinking about what happened yesterday. Should I tell him?

 Tell him that I have this power and show him a proof like moving something and show him that my eyes are glowing whenever I use it? What will he say?

I have a feeling that he would believe me now and I trust him. He’s been my friend since I was five and rest assured that he is my best friend.

 Having this… this power makes me feel completely different from all other normal people. I want to talk to somebody about it so badly. I couldn’t keep it to myself. Finally, I have decided, I’ll show it to him tonight. I have to make sure that nobody else is awake so it’ll be really late by the time I show it to him.

 We reached our school and I looked at the where I saw the man from yesterday. There’s nothing there. He might be able to help me. Why not search for him as well, while we search for Kobe’s owner too? I might see him again.

 We reached the school’s front door. Anthony said he’ll wait for me and we’ll go looking for Kobe’s owner.

  Our classes went in a blur. At the dismissal, Anthony is waiting for me and I saw Li and Carla too. I approached them.

  “Lara, Anthony said you had a dog wondering around you garden and said that you would return him to his owner. Can I help?” Li said.

  “Sure, we’ll make it quick so we can go home early. Your father might ground you again if you go home late.” I said teasing him.

  He smiled and flashed his dazzling white smile. “Awesome! And nah it’s cool. My parents are not home today, they are out of town for four days because of some business trading.”

  “Oh, well then, were all settled. Carla, are you coming too?” I kept my tone leveled.

  “Yes, I want to help too.” She smiled.

  “Then what are we still doing here? Let’s go!” Anthony said with a mischievous looking smile.

  We got into our house and said that we will meet Li and Carla at the valley street after picking up Kobe. Kobe followed us outside and I said to Mrs. McKinley that we’ll be back before dinner.

 It looks like Kobe doesn’t need to be tied; he is following us wherever we go. We meet up with Li and Carla at the valley street and start our search.

  “Okay so where would we start?” Li said.

  “Hmmn, let’s go around this street first, he might be just living here close that he happened to stumble in our garden.” I muttered.