1

Alex's Pov

Hi I'm Alex I'm new to town I love baseball and don't wear dresses at all. Babe Ruth is my hero. Me and my brother just moved here. We saw some guys they were going to there houses I guess. Scott waved at the hottest guy I've ever seen. He moved his head and I did the same. He stared at me while he walked inside his house. I asked "dad" if we could play catch. He said later. I said OK. I went walking around and found a sandlot the best thing I've ever seen. I ran home. Took all my baseball mitts, baseballs, and baseball bat. Left them there and made a promise that I'd come back after school tomorrow. I did but there were guys and my brother Scott too.
"Hey Scott" I said.
"Hi Alex." He said.
"Ya playing baseball?" I asked.
"Yeah sis I am." He said.
"Can I play?" I asked.
All the guys laughed. I gave them the meanest look ever.
"You can't play baseball your a girl." A guy with red hair said.
"If I can beat any of you I get to play. Deal?" I asked.
"Deal." Red hair said.
He spit in his hand and I spit in mine and we shook. The cute guy said I'll play.
They all told me there names.
Rodriguez is pitching. I take my bat he pitches straight in the middle I hit it over that fence. I started to run. Got a home run. They looked at me like wow.
"Wow you hit good." Ham said.
"Thanks" I said.
"For a girl your good but we can't have a girl on our team so your brother can be on our team not you." Said Ya Ya.
My brother is not good at baseball.
He was Left Center I showed him where it was. They started. I watched. My brother didn't catch a ball. Until Rodriguez showed him how then how to throw. While the others laughed at him he ran home. I turned around punched ham and ran after him. After we got home we played catch with dad. We both got a black eye. We're both sitting on our steps. Rodriguez came up and told us to come to the sandlot. We followed. I am still pissed at them. We all were at the sandlot when some guys on bikes said mean stuff but that changed when they saw me. They stared at me.
"Your hot!" Said the leader.
"Thanks. But I suggest you leave before I stick my bat so far up your......" I got cut off my brother put his hand over my mouth.
They looked at me like damn take a chill pill.
"You wanna play baseball me against you I bet I can hit more home runs than you." I said.
"Deal and if I win you go on a date with me." He said.
"OK and if I win you won't come here or mess with my friends at all and if I see you around here I'll beat the crap out of all of you." I said.
We shook hands. I hit 10 home runs out of 15. He hit 5 out of 15.
"I win now scram!" I screamed.
They ran away.