"Sure," he chuckled, leaning back against the leather seats and resting his head on the back.

"Yeah, I guess I do care about you, besides, you're the one who got my stuff, remember?"

He nodded, pursing his lips at the thought,"you know that wasn't my proudest time."

"It wasn't mine either, but we had each other, you know?"

"I know."

She turned the car into a parking lot, a tall brick building stood in front of them. His eyebrows laced together and he looked to her,"what's this?" he looked back towards it. The dark night blurred his vision and the cannabis still lingered in his presence.

"You really don't remember?" She looked back at him in disbelief.

"No, where are we," he looked to her in confusion.

"Our old school, that shit really got to you, huh?" She opened the driver side door and stepped out, she signaled him to follow. He quickly jumped out himself and followed.

"What are we doing?"

"You'll see."

"Isn't this, like, trespassing?"

"You really have changed," her shoes crunched through the grass," don't worry, we'll be fine," she looked back at his face, seeing the worry in it, trying to assure him.

They finally reached the spot, the picnic tables still sat in the same places.

"This was the spot, remember?" Her smile contained a laugh behind it and Zayn looked around, not knowing if he wanted to leave or stay in this place forever. He thought back to the days he spent with Alora.

"You got it, right," her face held seriousness which shook Zayn's nerves.

"Yeah, of course, all of it, I promise," he held the bag in his sleeve.

"Let me see," she demanded, staring down at his sleeve.

"Just take it," he reached in his sleeve,"it's too risky," he looked around. They traded off quickly and they both looked around to see if anyone was around. He stood up from the table and walked to the door of his room.

"Wait," she stopped him,"you want to come up and try it out with me?" Zayn smiled and nodded, he wasn't exactly the biggest fan of the substance, but he wanted to spend time with her.

The thoughts faded and he watched the girl stare off into the night sky, there were a few stars around, but she still watch the dark blue night.

"Why doesn't he ever do that stuff with you?"

"Huh," he caught her from her thoughts, she looked at him, her eyebrows threaded together.

"Why doesn't Darrel ever do that stuff with you?"

"Hell, I don't know, he'll do it with everyone else but me. I barely even got him to come to that place with me. It's not his usual place." She looked down at her feet, she folded her hands and looked back up at the stars.

"I don't think he treats you right," he whispered.

"You don't know him," her voice was stern, unlike the soft night sky she had studied. Her quick defense almost made the boy jump.

"I've seen the magazines, he hits you," he turned to her, reaching for her wrist.

"Those are edited, those are all lies, Zayn. I'm fine," she jerked her hand away.

"He's been to jail for it, you don't think I know?"

"They lie, Zayn, I think I know."

"He won't even spend time with you doing what you both like to do, he leaves you."

She looked up at him, pursing her lips,"he does, I promise." Her voice was low and it sounded as she was about to cry.

He stared down at her, leaning in, her lips were soft against his. She didn't pull away, and he was surprised by that, she pulled him forward, kissing him deeper and stronger.

"I've wanted to do that since college," he smiled down at his hands, not able to look at her after they pulled away.

"He doesn't treat me right, you're right."

"You don't have to go back, you know?"

"I do," she nodded.

"Why?"

"He's how I get by," she stood up," let's go, we can talk about this later."

"Wait let's stay," he looked at her from the table and grabbed her hand.

"You know we can't do this right?"

"I know, we can stay until they make us leave."

"No, Zayn, I mean us."