Part 2/13

~Don't think I'm taking my eyes off you for a second.~

Emma tapped her fingernail in annoyance against the table, as she glanced at her watch for the umpteenth time. He was 20 minutes late.

Just then, the door swung open and Killian strolled in.

"You're late," she said by way of greeting him.

"Good afternoon to you, too, Emma."

"I said 1 o'clock, Killian."

He shrugged. "My apologies. I had some things to do."

Emma scoffed at that. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize thieves had such busy schedules. I hope I didn't pull you away from any pressing matters."

He offered her a close-mouthed smile. "I'm here now. Shall we go? I saw a great suit shop a few blocks down the street."

Emma shook her head. "We're not going to one of those places. They're way too expensive. We're going to Goodwill."

Killian's lips curled down in distaste. "I'm sorry, love, but I'm afraid I don't wear second-hand clothing."

"You do now," she said with a smile, as she shoved him toward the door.

Killian sighed heavily as they exited the store and walked a few blocks to Goodwill.

Emma started inside, but he stood rooted to his spot. "Love, I don't believe that a stockbroker from Wall Street would buy his clothes at Goodwill."

"No one will know where we got them."

"I doubt you'll find anything suitable in there."

Emma grabbed him by the elbow and proceeded to drag him inside. "I guess we're about to find out."

Emma surveyed the room and found a rack with suits. Killian reluctantly followed her. She began searching through the garments. She had to admit the pickings were slim. She laughed at a brown plaid polyester suit.

"You'd look great in this," she said, as she held it up to him with a laugh.

Her eyes scanned his body for a long moment, as he took a step closer to her. She was pretty sure he could wear a potato sack and still look gorgeous.

She shook her head free of those thoughts and put the suit back on the rack. Killian began to help her search through the rack. Their hands suddenly landed on the same suit, their fingers ending up entwined. Emma blushed, as he met her eyes.

Killian swallowed hard at the wave of electricity that shot up his arm. He'd felt it before when they'd touched but tried to ignore it. He knew it would be easy to fall for Emma Swan. She was smart and beautiful and tough. He also knew she was way out of his league. He was a thief and she was an heiress. She would never fall for a guy like him.

Emma finally tore her hand away and sheepishly muttered, "Sorry."

Killian pulled the suit off the rack. It was a three piece blue suit with a white oxford shirt, black tie, and a unique feature: a gold chain held the jacket closed instead of buttons.

"I like this one," he said.

"Me too," Emma agreed.

Killian offered her a grin. "Look at that, we agree on something."

Emma fought back a smile and gestured to the dressing room. "Go try it on so we can see if it fits."

Killian disappeared into the dressing room and emerged a few minutes later. Emma's mouth fell open at the sight of him. She was certain she had never seen another man look as good in a suit before.