I stand up on shaky legs and rinse my mouth out with warm water before brushing my teeth. Then I grab the Ibuprofen bottle and shake out two little red pills. I swallow the pills dry before making my way back into my room.

"Ugh," I grimace as I see my clothing strewn across the room. "What happened last night?" I mutter to myself as I scratch my head. Trying to think of last night only causes the headache to throb even more.

I whimper as I lay back down on my bed and pull the covers over my head to block out the light and spinning room.

****555****

I groan as a knock at my door wakes me up. I don't want to talk to anyone. The sound of knuckles against the wood again causes me to hiss.

"What?" I ask as I pull the blanket tighter around my head.

I hear my door open and shut again and I frown. My parents would have said something by now. Maybe it's Braider. I scowl as I pull the blanket from my head to come face to face with none other than Newbie.

Newbie looks me over once before frowning at me. "How you feeling?"

I frown at him in confusion. Was he there last night? Did he witness me breaking my own vow of never drinking again?

"I feel like my liver is about to give out and like dying," I mutter as I hide my face again. I don't need Newbie seeing me in such a weak state as a hangover.

"Hey now, I don't want you to die," He says as he sits on the edge of the bed next to me.

"Ugh, you're not the one with a raging hangover," I scoff.

"Yeah, you told me you don't drink, so why did you?" He asks.

I shrug my shoulders under the blanket. "I don't remember actually," I say. "I would like to though because I'm pretty pissed at myself for doing it."

"I got there when you were already drunk, so I can't tell you why either." He says. "So you don't remember anything at all from last night?"

"Nope," I pop the 'p'. "This headache is all I can think about right now,"

"Did you take something for it?" He asks.

"Yeah,"

"How long ago?"

"I don't know, whenever I woke up earlier."

"Well it's already five in the afternoon so,"

I rip the blanket off my head and stare wide eyed up at him. "Five in the afternoon?"

Newbie slowly nods his head. "Yeah,"

"Fuck," I hiss. "I didn't do anything today,"

"It's understandable if you have a hangover though." Newbie reassures me.

I eye him suspiciously. "Why don't you have a hangover?"

"I didn't drink." He says as he bites his lip.

"How did I get home?" I ask him.

"I drove you home," He chews on his bottom lip even more now.

"What about my truck?"

"I drove your truck here,"

"How did you get home?"

"What's with all the questions, Beowulf?" He chuckles nervously.

I shrug my shoulders again. "I'm just trying to figure out what the hell happened last night."

Newbie nods his head as he wrings out his hands.