Copper Hearts and Empty Bodies

The eternal has reached inside me. My mind has opened and my heart is no longer a muscle. My mind is open and my heart is stone. I have reached inside my chest, past the brittle bones, through the weak muscles and clutch the heart that is no longer there, I pull. I pull the absent heart and replace the stone with hot molten bronze. I chant to the beings of no more. I hold my hands above me and the world has ended in my hands, I hold the earth.

I weep silently, and hold the broken stone. My heart has opened and the world has ended. I weep for my love that has finally shone through and I weep in anger at the stone that had trapped it in hate. I drop the stones into the fires and watch the world burn and wither. I close my eyes and weep.

I close my eyes and hold my hands below me. My mind has opened and I am weeping, great tears light my cheeks. Sell the fear that has left me, sell the weeping body I inhabit, sell me. I am no longer fit for them, I am no longer fit for me.

Tear stained cheeks and a copper heart and a body that can love stands before the gods of a dead nation and I breathe slowly the smell of pollen and formaldehyde. I am dead at last. But this body goes to them and my soul goes to the stars to be torn apart by the crushing gravity and zooming photons and getting ready to be a new soul a new body and a new death. The earth has gone, my heart has shattered and my soul is reborn as ancient gods inhabit my body.