A Sleek Cut

I hope you enjoy it, this is part one and I'm working on part two as this is uploaded !

Feel free to make any cover art or banners for this story, I will dedicate a chapter :)

Dedicated to: soaringhigh for making me an amazing cover which I will use soon,mist to the right -->

Song to the Right:  Royals by Lorde, she is my unhealthy addiction 

-/-/-/-

They'd cut it to her shoulders.

Her long glossy blonde locks lay strewn on the white floor. She raised a hand and ran it through her short mane, enjoying the silkiness of the newly straightened hair. She admired it in the mirror, the way the length made her high cheek bones and almond shaped eyes look defined. The sleek bob gave her a fierce look, exactly what she needed for the start of a new year.

"Katilyn, you look amazing, like a whole new girl. Who knew a bob could be hot," said her best friend - Alice - who'd just walked into the salon after her coffee run.

"Not too drastic?" Katilyn asked, turning her head to face Alice, decked out in her notorious leather jacket and tight skinny jeans that fit her so well.

"Drastic is what you need, it's a new year, and you need this change to break away from last year." Alice approached the sitting Katilyn and handed her the chai latte which swam in the cup she held in her hand.

"Thanks A," she said, taking the latte eagerly.

They heard the shuffling of feet as Abith -the hip, young hairdresser - came around the corner with Katilyn's change, "Hey Alice."

Alice, a regular customer gave Abith a wave and commented on her new pixie cut that accentuated her dainty face, her hair colour - which was constantly changing- was a dark blue which matched her dress.

Abith stood at a tiny 5"4 and had left school in year 10 to work at the local salon. Once she got enough money she'd bought up this salon and had been popular with the locals, renown for her bubbly persona and skill with the scissors.

"Thankyou so much Abith," Katilyn said, taking the change and standing up to leave, "it's perfect." She ran her hand through her hair once more before leaving with Alice who was sculling her drink.

"Movie?" Alice asked gesturing to the fraying cinema across the road, despite its age it still showed the most recent movies, like the poster pasted on the front 'The Great Gatsby'.

Katilyn looked at her phone to check the time, she had to be home by five, "Yeah, let's see leo," she said, noticing it was only one. They grabbed popcorn on the way in, Alice had no problem seeing the Great Gatsby for the fourth time with Katilyn. They both were in love with the actor who first stole their hearts in Romeo and Juliet, they often had DiCaprio marathons when either of them were upset. Which had happened often in the past year.

The cinema was close to empty when they finally sat down. They got seats near the back in the centre, a two rows in front of the infamous hookup zone. Where couples would sit up the back and, well, hook up.  Luckily no couples where there so Alice and Katilyn could enjoy their movie without the constant slurping of inexperienced couples sucking one another's faces off.

Alice's phone buzzed and she quickly grabbed at it and turned her phone on silent, ignoring the disapproving look of an elderly couple in the front row who glared at her. Katilyn laughed at this which caused higher intensity squinting. Alice's face quickly changed into her typical 'worried face' which consisted of lip nibbling and darting eyes. She side glanced at Katilyn then looked away when she realized her friend was watching her.