Chapter 15

So nobody was gonna tell me that I never posted this? 😭😭😭

AJ woke up the next morning when the sun shined too bright through D'Wayne's window and right in her eyes. She moaned and rolled on her side, so she was face to face with a sleeping D'Wayne. She smiled as flashbacks of last night ran through her mind. She had always thought D'Wayne was a virgin. With the moves that he had pulled on her, evidently there were some thing that her best friend had kept from her.

AJ thought about everything that she had to do today. Before they fell asleep, she had a long talk with D'Wayne. While AJ was pretty sure this was what she wanted to do, she still had to run it by Freddie. She didn't want her best friend to think she had secretly been plotting behind her back and didn't want her to hate her forever.

She had to have a real talk with Tupac today too. Hopefully she wouldn't need her boxing gloves this time. AJ shook her head. She never threw this many punches before Tupac had entered her life.

But the two of them seriously had to talk. She planned to lay everything out on the table. She didn't think things between them could be fixed and she saw herself being happier with D'Wayne. Yeah, he might be a little upset but if he really loved her then he would want her to do what made her happy.

AJ sat up on the side of the bed and picked up D'Wayne's borrowed T-shirt, pulling it over her head again. She stood up and had finally located the borrowed boxers when someone cleared their throat. When she glanced at the bed, D'Wayne was sitting up watching her with a smile on his.

"So you were just gonna leave while I was asleep? I didn't know you were that cold hearted AJ."

AJ smirked. "I was gonna text you tomorrow."

D'Wayne laid a hand across his heart. "My mama warned me about girls like you. All you wanted to do was get in my pants huh?"

AJ pulled the boxers up around her waist. "I plead the fifth. But really D, I was gonna wake you up before I left. I got some stuff I gotta do today."

D'Wayne was out of the bed and stood in front of AJ with an amused look on his face. AJ tried to ignore the fact that he was as naked as the day he was born. "What's on your agenda today AJ?"

AJ started to look for her shoes to put on before she remembered that she came over there in a prom dress in heels. "Well I have to talk to Freddie to make sure she's not gonna hate us for the rest of her lives." D'Wayne pulled his basketball shorts back on.

"Then I have to have a real talk with Lesane." D'Wayne tossed her a pair of black Nike slides out of the closet. "Thanks." She mumbled.

D'Wayne sat on the edge of the bed. "Well sounds like you have a long day ahead of you."

AJ shrugged as she picked up a brush off the dresser and attempted to somewhat tame her hair. When she finished, she walked over to the bed and gave D'Wayne a quick peck on the lips. "Lucky me huh? Can I borrow your car for a little bit? I'll come back and get my dress and stuff whenever."

D'Wayne grabbed his keys off the stand by his bed and tossed em to her. "Handle your business and come back Ma."

AJ half smiled as she walked out of the door.

She pulled up in front of Freddie's house and sat in the car mentally preparing herself. She finally sucked it up and got out of the car, walking up to the door. She was just about to knock when the door flung open to reveal a sullen looking Freddie.

"I saw D'Wayne's car pull up and I thought that maybe he was about to proclaim his undying love for me. Then you got out." Her eyes were narrowed and her bottom lip was poked out.