Chapter 4

"Why are you here?" Collin asked. His bed head looked funny but adorable as he rubbed his eyes.

I found it strange that I had woken up earlier than him. Granted, I had woken up earlier today despite it being Saturday because I had a mission hence I got myself up at ten thirty and now that it was exactly eleven, I was standing in front of Collin's front door.

"Because today, we are going to hang out. All day," I said with a bright smile. He didn't seem as enthusiastic as me about this or more like he didn't seem enthusiastic at all.

Good thing what he thought about this didn't really matter because he was going to come with me, and I was going to give him a fun day whether he liked it or not.

"What?" He asked a little more awake now.

It was time to dumb this down.

"You. Me. Go. Fun."

He gave me a blank look. Clearly this wasn't working.

"Get ready and hurry or I'll come in and tear your clothes off myself," I told him.

I guess it was a little strange for me to just show up and not even tell him I was going to kidnap him for the day but I also knew if I had told him, he would have tried to escape. I definitely couldn't let that happen.

"Be glad I'm not Finn," he said.

I realized maybe threatening to tear his clothes off wasn't the most appropriate thing to say but I just wanted to show him I was serious.

"Hurry," I told him.

While he reluctantly got ready, I sat down in his living room and waited. Well I sat still for about two minutes before I got bored of that and started looking around. There were picture frames all over the walls. Pictures of his family but mostly of his older brother.

Just by looking at the pictures, I felt glum.

Collin's older brother, Conner, was twenty years older than Collin. It was a very impressive age gap but Collin's mom had Conner when she was fifteen. Then after that, I guess they got all too familiar with protection. In their thirties, Collin's parents decided to have another kid and so Collin was born.

Just two years after Collin was born, Conner died. Collin's parents were absolutely devastated because Conner was like their whole world. They put all their hopes and dreams on him, and he was accomplishing great things in college. He was on the football team, he had impeccable grades, he was generous and kind to everyone and over all, just a great guy.

On the other hand, Collin's relationship with his parents was iffy. He felt like they already believed he could never do things as great as Conner had and because Collin resembled Conner, I guess it was also hard for his parents to look at Collin.