The day my balls metaphorically dropped.

Kenma's POV:

It was a sunny Friday and I was feeling different from the moment I woke up this morning. I have this.. excitement for today. Usually I go home and play my games, but today.. today was finally the day.
Over the past few years I've came to terms with my love for Kuroo. However, this new found lust is something entirely different.. Friday for my peers means party time, and well I wanted to have a party of my own.
Or that's how I sounded in my dreams...
I could only do soo much in real life.. after all.. he is my best friend.. so when we got to that road where we usually part to go to our homes after school.. all I can say is-

" Wait Kuroo.. " I say as I step towards him, leaving only a foot between us.

"What is it kenma? " Kuroo says with surprise that I am actually speaking up.

I realize I can't do it. What was I suppose to say? He's my best friend, and he may think my feelings are weird. What if he decides to not be friends with me if I say anything?

" Kenma? " He says as he realizes that I am completely frozen.

I look to the ground.. I realize I need to rewind this mistake.

" Be careful over the weekend, don't drink too much. " I say and hide my face.

" Since when do you care? " He laughs and turns around. He begins to walk to his house.

I stand there, realizing that the opportunity is gone. I'll never have the guts again to ever even walk towards him like that. I missed my chance.

I watch as he walks further and further away from me.

Further and further away from the small possibility.. of.. what if.