Chapter 2

Miranda's pov

Me and Jason were hanging out waiting for my mom to get discharged. "I'm glad we met." I say. "Me too." He says. Mom walks out, a sling on her arm. She hugs me then Jason. "Hey how about you come to lunch with us." I say. He shrugs. "Sure. I've got a clean slate all this next week." I smile and we go to Pizza Den for lunch. Mom was on high intensity pain meds so she was asleep pretty quickly. Me and Jason were just chatting. "Anyway I looked you up the other night and I am totally in love with your song the truth, its so emotional and heart wrenching!" He smiles and stares at his hands. "I wanted it to feel that way. See country music ain't just a song. It's a story. Every song has a story." I look up at him. "The truth.... Has a real girl behind it?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper. "Had." He says with a sigh. "She passed away from cancer three years before that song was released. Which is one of the main reasons I'm an avid cancer research donation kinda guy. My girl couldn't be saved. Doesn't mean others can't." Wow. "That's amazing." I say, setting a hand on his arm. We go back to my house and I get my mom in bed. It would've been a lot worse without Jason.

*3 weeks later*

It kinda sucks. Me and Jason haven't gotten a chance to talk in three weeks! He's been busy with his new tour and I've been busy taking care of mom. I get a phone call and am so glad to see Jason's number. "Hey been a while!" I say gladly. "Yeah sorry bout that. The my kinda party tour is a real big hit. Um.... Just curious would you like to come to a show?" I smile then glance at my mom. "I'd love to but my mom-" "Bring her with. Trust me you don't wanna miss this." I smile and sit beside my sleeping mother. "Ok sure." "Good. Cause I already have someone on their way." I laugh lightly. "And what if I woulda said no?" "I instructed him to haul you over his shoulder." He says also laughing. Just then there's a knock at the door and in walks a tall black haired dude. "I'm Jason's best friend, Luke. Here to pick you up for a great night." I nod and wake mom. She grabs her meds and we go to the show. "Hey girl, glad you could make it!" Jason says hugging me, a guitar strap slung over his shoulder. I'm excited. "This is gonna be amazing." Luke pats Jason's shoulder. "A show with us two hooligans you'll be dying of laughter. Luke flicks Jason's hat over his eyes. His body stiffens in surprise. "Luke!" He snaps. I laugh at both boys. "And now the two Georgia boys you know and love, Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan!" The announcer shouts. Jason fixes his hat. "We're up. See y'all!"

*a few weeks later*

I have joined Jason for his tour. I'm really lucky to have met him. He was hanging out with some blonde girl by his bus. She laughed at something he said and he smirked and grabbed her hands. I can't hear what they're saying but I know it's not something I should be listening to. I find Luke, laying in the grass bored looking. I lay beside him. "Does Jason have a girlfriend?" I ask. He nods. "Some blonde chick named Brittany. I don't know her that well." "I saw them talking at the bus." I say, slightly annoyed. But why am I annoyed?! "How long have they been going out?" "Since this tour started." Damn.

Jason's pov

This is weird. I don't think I wanna be with Brittany anymore. A song comes to my mind from my demo days. But I keep it right here on the tip of my tongue leaving promised of things undone, everything I do is showin' all the signs and it's hard to say goodbye, no I can't stand makin' her cry so I tell her lies and I know it ain't right but it's hard to say goodbye, hard to say goodbyeI sigh. I'm terrible at breaking up with people.

Miranda's pov

Jason walks off his bus, looking troubled. I walk over. "You okay?" He nods but I can tell he's not. I wonder what's wrong.