I notice all of the homeless people staring at me and begin to walk back to the line. When I return to it, no one but the desk lady is there. I walk up to her and look up at the board.

"Hello, may I please have a ticket to Sacramento, California please?" I ask while digging in my purse for my checkbook.

"I'm sorry, all flights have been canceled due to the storm warning. They are supposed to be back up tomorrow. I am sorry for the inconvenience," the lady says while continuing to type something out on the computer.

"Okay . . . do you know any nearby buses or taxis that could possibly take me to my destination?" I ask, beginning to get a little impatient with the lady.

"Um . . . let me check," she says and picks up the phone next to her. She walks into the back, and I wait as patiently as I can. After about five minutes of waiting, the lady returns to her desk.

"So, there is one bus that will take you all the way to your destination, however, it is highly expensive, and you will be on it for a long time," she says with a bit of attitude.

"Okay, that's fine. Can you tell me where the stop is?" I ask politely. The woman shoves a map into my hand with a circle around what looks like a bus stop. I glare at her and turn around to walk out of the airport. I accidentally run into someone and stop, my map crunching up in my face.

"Sorry," I say while skimming through my map once more.

"It's alright. Need a lift?" asks a deep voice. Something about the voice seems very familiar. I look up at the man, and my heart drops.

"Daniel," I say and he takes my arm. He begins to drag me out of the airport.

~Dennis~

Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep . . .

I feel my fingers move. My eyelids feel very heavy, but I can lift them now.

How long was I out...?

A sharp pain runs through the side of my head, and I groan. I slowly open my eyes, and all I see is light. I squint, trying to look around the room for a familiar face. As I lay my head back down, I hear a female voice just outside of the strange room I am in. Then, the thought of Thea pops into my head. Everything that has happened since I was last awake comes back to me.

Old woman . . . call . . . Thea . . . car crash . . . blackness.

I scream Thea's name, thinking she is here to see me. I don't know how, I don't know why, but I just hope it's her.

A lady in blue walks in, and I frown. The woman gets closer, and I let out a sigh.

"Hello, Dennis, it's nice to see you up," the nurse says with a soft smile.

"What happened to me . . .?" I groan as I feel my head.

"You got in a car accident and you are suffering from a concussion," the lady says while checking my vitals.

"Has a woman named Thea checked in to see me?" I continue with a lot of concern.

"Thea? Well, I have not heard of that name sir, I'm sorry. Can I get you anything?" she asks, touching my hand. I yank it back, giving her a disgusted look.

"No, I'm fine. Just please, leave me be until you hear from Thea," I say, shutting my eyes. I hear footsteps out of my room and open my eyes again.

Thea . . . oh Thea I'm going to be there as soon as I can.

And with that, I fall asleep.

A/N

Do you guys think Thea will be able to get to Dennis?

Lemme know what you think in the comments below!

If you liked, feel free to vote/leave a comment ^.^

Feedback is always helpful <3