June 25, 1933

Author's ((( (((<,^,>))) ))) Note

Hi everyone! I have finally completed the 1k celebration chapter. I'm so sorry for the delay...I actually had to delete Wattpad for a while because I ran out of storage on my phone. Luckily, I'm done with that. Before you read it, I'd like to preface a few things. Bucky is 16, and has dropped out of school, like in the comics. Although instead of going right to Camp Lehigh, he's still home in Brooklyn. He had to work for his family. This makes Steve 15, and despite the protests of "being able to carry his own weight" (yeah sorry Steve no), he's still in school. I'd also like to say that parts of this day are cannon in Civil War. I expanded upon the day mentioned in Civil War, but the Steve spending their train money on hot dogs, Bucky's girlfriend, and Bucky trying to win a teddy for her, and their ride home is all Marvel's idea. I do not take credit for these parts and I'd like to thank Marvel for them! Without further delay...the 1k celebration chapter! I hope you enjoy! Rogersbarnes22 out *salute*

Bucky had the day off from work, which was perfect, because he had his eye on a girl, Delores, who he'd hoped to take out. He grinned as he went to tell Steve. "Luckily" for Steve, it was Saturday, so he didn't have school.

"Hey Stevie, let's go to Coney Island this weekend" he suggested.

Steve's face lit up. "Sure!" He paused as he realized his friends' real motive, "You're bringin' a girl aren't ya?" That part didn't really matter to him, but every time Bucky brought a girl he would try and set Steve up with someone.

  He gave Steve a face that said 'Don't you even know me?'  "Of course I am." He paused, and then smiled "and I had her kid sister come too, so ya can't complain. Anyways we're meetin' 'em down on the pier so c'mon."

Steve shook his head as he walked out the door behind Bucky.

********************

Bucky smiled, seeing Dolores from a distance as he got off of the train. Steve looked up at him worried about his arranged date "Her kid sister?"

"She's almost 15." Bucky responded, and then saw Steve's lack of faith* in the date...if that's what you called what he'd been dragged him along to join. He slung his arm over his best friend's shoulder. "I talked ya up. Trust me, it'll be fun pal."

Steve reached up and fidgeted with his collar nervously as they approached the girls. Bucky flashed a lopsided grin to Dolores and waved his hand over his head. "Hi Dot...can I call ya Dot?" he said as she got closer.

Dolores smiled, "Sure ya can" she answered already caught in Bucky's charm.

Bucky nodded and then gestured beside him "This is my brother Steve," he introduced.

Dot's sister walked over to him, "Hi, I'm Jane" she stated and smiled at him.

Steve returned her smile, and suddenly got a lot more nervous. 'She's beautiful' he thought and blushed as the thought came to his mind. She had strawberry blonde hair and deep brown eyes. Freckles scattered her face like stars. "I'm Steve...well Buck already introduced-" he chuckled and stopped his mess of words.

Jane raised an eyebrow at him but moved along standing next to her sister and Steve.

A man shouted towards their crowd in a rhythmic tone. "Knock the bottles down and win a prize! Six throws for a quarter!"

This caught Bucky's attention, mostly because he saw Dot eyeing the prizes. He took her hand and walked her over, Steve and Jane trailing behind. "I'll take a shot sir." Bucky said, handing the man a quarter. The bottles were clearly weighted, but Bucky figured with a good throw he could still knock them over. He started wailing the balls as hard as he could at the bottles, and managed to knock over a few, but that wasn't enough.