Speechless: TWO

When Geoff and I crept downstairs at 7 that morning, we were glad no one was down there. We both sat down at the table, quietly remembering the events from just a mere three hours ago. I smiled to myself, but then frowned. Blair knows, and most likely, she'll tell. God, why does she have to be so immature?

Geoff and I both jumped when there was the sound of a door slamming from upstairs. Geez, no one except for Geoff and I get up this early, I thought to myself. I looked at Geoff. He gave me a half shrug. I slumped down in my chair and started playing with the ends of my sweatshirt strings. Then I heard it- the blaring music. Jason Derulo was being played so loudly, I could just barely hear a girl's voice singing along.

"Well, we know who slammed that door," Geoff laughed. I smiled. We heard the sound of a door again, and we saw Geoff's sister, Alex, from the balcony.

"Oh," she said, "I thought the music was coming from down there," she said thoughtfully, walking to the adjacent door to hers. Alex is the sweetest, and possibly most quiet ten year old I have ever known. She has dirty blonde hair, like her brother's, a slim build, dark brown eyes, and the sweetest smile. She opened the door, and Jason Derulo immediately increased volume by 70 decimals. It was Jessa, Geoff's sister that was in her first of college.

"I just don't get why she didn't just live in a dorm with her friends," I remember Geoff saying to me the day his sister decided to stay home and drive to school every day.

"She just loves you guys too much to let you go," I said, taunting him.

"Nah, she's just too lazy to get a job and pay for things herself." Knowing Jessa, that was the most truthful statement ever said about her. It made me laugh, which made Geoff laugh. Soon enough, we were on our backs howling, and all the while, we were getting looks from the people around us. We were in the city park that day....

"Get out of here!" I heard clearly over the blaring music. I saw Geoff get up from the corner of my eye, and he started to go up the stairs. He's going to get it from Jessa now. I went outside so I didn't have to hear what was about to happen. I stepped outside onto the deck and immediately felt a huge gust of wind in my face. Right, it's the middle of February, smarty. I was lucky that i had my slippers on, so I was okay for that. I walked over to the railing, and leaned over. From where I was, I could see the footprints that Geoff and I made last night, perfectly etched into the ground, covered in a layer of ice. Great.

I sighed and counted to sixty before I went inside. When I entered the kitchen, Jessa, Geoff, and Alex were all at the table, grimacing. I could tell that none of them wanted to talk, so I climbed the stairs to wake up my brother.

When I came to his door, I admired the new drawings he had on it. Drew is a very creative and independent person, like me. I can always talk to him about books and new music and such. No other twins I know are as much alike as Drew and I are. Some people think we're creepy.

I opened Drew's door, only to find all of his lights on. I walked to his bed. There he was, snoring under a hurricane of pencils, sketchbooks, and crumpled up pieces of paper. I silently laughed at the sight. He must've had an artist's block last night. Rarely do you ever see Drew this unorganized.

I walked back over to his door and turned off the lights. I turned them back on again. Drew covered his eyes with his sketchbook, making me laugh.

He swatted the air, "Five minutes,"

"Sure," I said in a taunting voice, "I'll be up here again if you're not down in the kitchen soon. With a bucket of water." I mean, after all, it was his turn to make breakfast.

"Fine, Mmmm, Geoff here?" he mumbled through the sketchbook.

"Yes, along with the rest of his family that stayed over last night. Drew, it's 7:15 in the morning."