Vishvaas

The morning came in full glory celebrating the new day.

And Raman carefully opened the door peaking in checking up on her.

The arrival of their baby brought a lot of changes into his life.

The past few weeks it felt like he was hit with a whirlwind of new experiences.

You would think Raman would have adjusted to the new set up in the house....but no he was still in awe.

He lightly pulled open the curtains letting the sunlight trickle in.

Raman lost in his thoughts

The past few weeks he admired her hundreds of times at the hospital.
Looking at her.

His eyes fell in love with her the first time he met her...held her in his arms.

He was mesmerized.

At the same moment he was flooded with a barrage of emotions

Raman felt like drowning in her love...her smile.

Heaven came in his arms and he thanked God.

In the form of his little Madrasan......

His happiness.

His heart.

He felt like touching the sky as he beamed with pride whenever he held her in his arms.

Part of him was still gone and he missed having her next to him.

Their incomplete story would be complete if it just was for the one thing missing.

If only you were with me...Ishita, Raman said to himself.

I wouldn't have these tears

Changes he quickly got used to it.

As Raman learned to cope with the new demands of taking care of his daughter.

Even some of the relationships in the family change too.

Simi helped him a lot with good advice and helping him take care of Ruhi.

His mother and Amma were also there whenever he needed some experience hands.

His life was in disarray at this moment in time.

He was often caught in a tangle of conflicting feelings.

On the one hand he was missing Ishita

Everything about her the touch of her smile he was accustomed to.....whenever she walked in a room.

The jasmine scented hair that teased his senses.

Oh and her soft long tresses that were silky to the touch.

With lips were wet with laughter he almost didn't know if he was permitted to be so happy when he didn't have Ishita by his side.

On the other hand, he regretted that his days of sleeping late were over.

Flash back

All Raman could remember the vague sound of doctors talking to nurses and the whistling of the stretcher's wheel as they pushed Ishita in the Hospital.

Everything seemed dark and depressed, dim lit room, gadgets and all sorts of equipment making buzzing sounds.

The scent of some sort of disinfectant burned into his sensory memory.