Chapter 14 - Accidentally Confession

Start from the beginning

"Well then we'll be here for a while." I mumbled. He sighed heavily.

"What's going on? I listen to all the messages on my phone on the way here and Everett and Colton left messages saying you were freaking out. But now that I'm here your trying to get away from me. The team just made kissing noises at us..." He suddenly trailed off. His eyebrows furrowed for a moment. "Sky what's going on because I'm seriously confused."

"Nothing. I just remembered I had to do something before lunch was over with." I lied I felt so bad for lying.

"Why are you lying to me?" Noah asked. He even knew I was lying.

"Please Noah. Just let me go." I said. He shook his head standing his ground. He's so stubborn.

"Skylar I don't think you understand. I know something is going on. Its going to worry me all day knowing somethings wrong and you won't tell me." Noah said.

"I don't want you to be embarrassed." I mumbled looking at my feet.

"Why would I be embarrassed?" He asked.

"Because I like you! Noah I really like you!" I yelled. His face went pale and he dropped my wrist. He just stared at me. My heart pounded against my rib cage. I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders but yet I kept feeling a pang in my chest. I wanted to leave and go home. But the only thing that came.to mind was to run away.

So I did just that.

***

"We won the game!" Jessica cheered over the phone. "We're going to the state championships!"

"That's great!" I said trying to sound enthusiastic.

"Are you alright?" She asked. She knew about what happened with Noah. I ended up telling her about it after school.

"I don't know." I mumbled.

"Well I'll call you later, mk? I have to try and find Jason. I lost him somewhere in the crowd." She explained.

"Okay. I'll talk to you later." I said. We both said bye and hung up. Right after that my phone buzzed again. I picked my phone up and saw it was a text from Noah.

Noah: Why didn't you come to the game? It was great we won! Now we're going to the state championships!

Me: I was tired and congratulations!

I hope he doesn't bring up this afternoon. I really don't want to talk about it. I just made a fool of myself.

Noah: Will you still come to the party tomorrow night with me please?

Me: Yea sure.

Noah: Great. I'll pick you up at six, okay? I have to go so I can drive home.

Me: Okay. Drive safely.

Noah: Goodnight sweetheart.

Me: Night.

I put my phone back on my night stand then barried my head in my pillow. I can't believe what happened today. I embarrassed myself in front of Noah and the entire football team. But I guess Noah isn't going to bring it up which is bitter sweet. I would like him to confess his feelings for me but I doubt he does. That's probably why he isn't bringing it up.

I found out the reason why he was late was because he over slept. He must be stressed about something. Maybe his parents. But the reason why he wasn't answering his phone was because it died. I mean he worried me to death. He worried me so much I blurted out one of my biggest secrets. I don't know how to feel right now.