Introduction

Not those who wander... are LOST....

It was a pretty sunny day here at the traffula forest. The traffula trees are standing up high as if the tufts where dancing because of the air. Near there was a lake, many humming fishes singing a wonderful song. Y/N smiled at the beautiful scenery she's looking at. It made her feel calm, safe and relieved.

Y/N wasn't from around that area to be exact. She was looking for an urban creature that speaks for the trees; The Lorax. She was pretty much intrigued about him, from his care giving matrix for nature. Y/N heard about him for a very VERY long time now. Since childhood to be exact.

Her mother would share stories about him, on how he would do many things just to keep nature safe. Y/N always wanted to follow his foot steps, she wanted to speak for the trees also. It filled her with determination of becoming likely him.

But that wasn't the reason why she left her own place, she left because of her family.

Her brother that should be playing outside was instead smoking weed inside his room.

Her mother that should be brightening up everyones day with a smile was instead drinking a bottle of wine.

Her father that should be making horrid yet mood setting jokes was instead blinded by his own greed, sleeping with another woman, gambling and many more.

It all started because of her Father's life changing invention, heck she can't even recall it. It started to be a good thing, no problem. But sooner later the picture perfect family turned into a dollhouse.

They would act as if their okay, but truth is they're just a bunch of plastics. They would pretend they where perfect if someones there to visit.

Of course being the only normal person at the family, Y/N ran away. Hoping to find the lorax that her mother would say stories about...

----

It was almost night time, the sun is about to go down. Y/N had no place to stay.

From the distance, Y/N can hear voices. She couldn't barely hear what they exactly say but she can hear mostly murmurs.

Y/N fast walk(y'know... walking faster?) towards the place where that sound came from, after a few minutes later she saw a neat looking tenthouse that has a sign infront of it..

The Once-Ler.

"they must own the place..." Y/N walked more closer when a stump of a traffula tree made her trip. Making her let out a loud groan.

"Who's there?! Peanut if thats you I swear I'll drop kick you!" A man shouted, Y/N hyperventilated, she tried standing up but theres no use... she couldn't stand up.

She tried and tried until a large shadow towered towards her, "oh my God! Miss are you okay?!" Said the man, you looked up at him. He had a slender like body, messy black hair, blue eyes that shined through the moon light and a blue pj's that has a bunch of rabbits printed around it.

She was lost in her thoughts, he was pretty much an attracting person. Wait- Y/N shut up! You don't know him! What if he's a murderer?! Or whatever!

"Miss?" He waved a hand on her face "wait... oh no! You're bleeding! C'mon let me help you" he was about to pick you up when...

"N-no im fine! Really!" Y/N managed to stand up, a shot of pain made her fall. But luckily she fell onto the man's arms, making her blush in embarassment.

The man raised a brow at her, "yeah you are- I'll patch you up... and may I ask... why are you here? Its dark! Shouldn't you be at your home sleeping or something?!" He picked her up bridal style.

She avoided eye contact with him, how could he do this without any consent from her? Oh well, "I r- err... uh im just a distant traveler looking for a place to stay the night..." she lied. "and well I saw your tenthouse and I wanted to ask if I can stay but then... theres this stomp that I accidentally trip over so here I am now..." she paused for a second then took a deep breath "and may I ask who are you? And why did you cut down that traffula tree?"

"As you can see from that tenthouse sign im Once-Ler, second I cut down the tree because I needed the tufts" He said, smiling a bit while entering the house. Placing her to a bed. "Hang on ill go find my first aid kit." He went into every cupboard looking for the needed item.

"Y'know someone might get mad about that..."

"Who? Peanut the guardian of the forest?" He laughed, grabbing a piece of a traffula tuft. Placing it under his nose "oooh look at me! I'm peanut and I speak to the trees!" He immitated The Lorax.

"Hey! I must say The Lorax is a nice person!" Y/N protested. Crossing her arms in dissaproval.

"Oh so you know him?" He walked closer to her, he was holding a first aid kit on his hands. "Nevermind all that! I need to patch you up"

Y/N nodded in response, smiling a bit. "Err... thanks for doing this... and im sorry if im kinda making you busy this late at night."

"Hey its okay... as long as I can help thats good enough for me" he smiled warmly, putting an ointment on the scratch.

Y/N winced at the pain, gripping the bed sheets also shutting her eyes close. "E-ergh!"

"Sorry about that..." he took a bandage, wrapping it around her injured leg. "Okay well... I gotta go to sleep.."

"Oh yeah! Sorry ill sleep at the cou-"

"Nope, ill sleep there" Once-ler smiled warmly, walking away but then was pulled in the arm by Y/N.

"Hey you own the place! You should sleep here!" Y/N blushed a bit, avoiding eye contact with the tall man.

"What do you want? I'll sleep with you there at the bed?" He chuckled, Y/N's blush turned darker. Once-ler looked at her awkwardly "I mean- uh hah.. well... good night!"

"Yeah... night..." and with that Y/N finally pulled the sheets around her, closing her eyes then drifted to sleep.

-------

Hey! So yeah this is my first Once-ler fic, tell me what you think so far at the comments!