insecure

I hope that fetus Andrew will help compensate for the lack of updates

"so, in theory, if we just position it correctly..." Peter bites his lower lip softly in concentration as he gazes into the microscope.

once again, we're lab partners, and once again, I can't figure anything out.

I'd like to think I'm relatively smart, but microscopes are surprisingly difficult to work, and it's hard to focus when I can feel Peter's brown eyes on me the whole time.

"there." a small smile of victory splits his face, and he takes a moment to push his glasses back into place.

"thanks, Pete." I sigh, then we switch seats once more and I take my place behind the microscope. "I don't understand why we have to look at these slides." I frown slightly, and Peter shifts on his stool.

"I don't understand why it's so difficult for you to position the microscope correctly. some of the world's mysteries just can't be solved." the words are delivered in a light tone, and anyone who knows Peter could tell that he's only teasing, but it still stings a little.

"not everyone is a natural born scientist, Parker." I roll my eyes before gazing back into the lens.

"true, but you don't have to be a scientist to work one of these." I hear him tap the side of the microscope softly, and I lean away from it with a sigh, then spin around on my stool to face him.

"Peter, you're making me feel crappy."

the teasing grin slips from his face, quickly replaced with a half-frown.

"aw, y/n, I didn't mean it."

"I know, but still. you don't know what it's like to not be good at science." I laugh slightly, trying to lighten the mood.

"that's true, but there's plenty of things that you're better than me at. for example, you're cuter," he slips an arm around my waist and tugs me closer. "and prettier-" he smiles, then brushes a strand of hair aside.

"these are all very debatable topics." I try to sound serious, but it's hard when someone as adorable as Peter is staring at me.

"-and I'm not as good at writing as you are, you're better at avoiding trouble..."

"why would I want to avoid you?" I smile, and he laughs softly.

"you're better with people, better with sports."

at this, I have to stop him, because I'm actually not that good at either of those things and he's being too cute for my heart to handle.

I put a finger over his lips, and he kisses it in response.

"just saying." he winks as I pull my hand back, and I shake my head with a laugh.

--------
A/N

HAHA
THIS
IS
CRAP

BUT THATS OK

ILL MOVE ON

anyways, hi folks. sorry this update is short and that I wrote it terribly. sigh.

anywho, this was requested by @kimseokijns and @disneyprinceluke

I think?¿

I really am sorry about the quality of this one, I wrote it at 1:30am.

lesson learned.

THANKS FOR 5.5k READS THOOOO

I actually can't believe that I had 2.9k when I last updated, this is crazy.

then again, I took forever to write another one, so....