Get rid of Pine Tree

Fifteen hours. No fat man in hand.

Fifteen hours of searching for the Love God.

Fifteen hours of stopping himself from checking in on Pine Tree.

Fifteen hours it took him to realize that the Love God was residing in the Mayor's mansion. Fifteen seconds it took him decided that there was no way he was going in there to find the cherub.

Raising a fist, Bill banged repeatedly on the Mystery Shack's door. He had no other option. He had to get rid of Pine Tree. As much as he enjoyed the kid's company, Dipper had to go. How he goes, Bill hasn't quite decided yet. Killing him would be a simple, easy way that would also null the spell completely. But killing him gave him an uneasy feeling and he was pretty sure it wasn't just the spell talking. He could always just send him to another dimension. Maybe a human cruse?

The door opening and upon seeing Dipper standing there in threadbare pajamas while rubbing his face, Bill paled. "This was a mistake." How did he fool himself into thinking it was a good idea? Avoidance would have worked better. Actually avoidance is the best idea ever. He should do it right now.

"What? Knocking on the door at three in the morning? Cause if that's what you're talking about, then you're right," Dipper grumbled, yawning before his eyes suddenly shot open wide. "Bill!" he yelled as if just realizing who he was talking to.

"Yes?" Those wide eyes made him back away, but he didn't get far until Dipper had a hold of his wrist, keeping him there.

"You're nog running away again, are you?" The question sounded vaguely threatening.

Bill snorted. "Have I ever ran away before?" He was a powerful demon. He never ran, he had no reason to.

"Yes." Dipper looked up at him with an amused smile.

Blue eye narrowed as Bill looked down his nose at Pine Tree. "When?"

"Yesterday, about noon. You screamed too." Dipper took too much joy in telling Bill all this. It wasn't one of Bill's finer moments. As the smile drooped, Bill could feel the brunette start to rub his thumb over Bill's wrist. Dipper's eyes had dropped down to the wooden porch, narrowing in thought. "What happened? You just kind of ran off yelling something about the love god..."

Bill gulped, knowing Dipper could feel his heart racing.

"Love god," Dipper whispered again, his head popping up as he stared at Bill in shock. "No...how did I miss it? You got a spell put on you, didn't you?" He looked ready to laugh.

Baring his teeth in snarl, Bill grunted out a 'yes'.

Dipper did laugh then. Releasing Bill's wrist, he doubled over, laughing at Bill's expense. "I can't believe the Love God got you! That guy is so easy to trick," he chuckled as he straightened back up. "Mabel even tricked him our first summer here."

"Shooting Star?" Bill remembered this. Maybe coming to the Mystery Shack wasn't the worst plan possible. He could probably get some help from the girl without too much trouble.

Dipper nodded. "So what was the spell?"

"A love curse."

"Only you would think of it as a curse," Dipper snorted. "So are you actually in love? You can fall in love?" He sounded surprised.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Bill asked, crossing his arms.

Dipper shrugged, looking away sheepishly. "Nothing, just, you know. Demon. Love. I guess it is a stereotype, but I don't really connect the two together."