Time Traveler: Victorian Age

Time Traveler Undertaker Jr.

Prologue

"Freak! Into your cupboard!"

Harry complied. The door slammed shut behind him, and Harry just laid down.

"I wish for some place where people don's see me as a freak. I wish for a place where I can belong. I wish for someone who understands and will at least talk to me," he whispered before closing his eyes.

When Harry opened his eyes, he was outside. He sat up on the sidewalk in front of a shop labeled "UNDERTAKER". He quickly walked in. He didn't know where he was. Maybe someone in there could help him. How did he even get out of his cupboard?

"Excuse me," he called. "Is anyone there? I need help!"

High pitched laughing filled the air. "Who is that? What is it that you seek in my shop?"

Harry turned beside him to see a tall man. The man was pale, and had long, gray hair that reached his lower legs. He wore a black... dress(?), a gray sash over his left shoulder, black boots, and a black hat that had a... ribbon(?) that hung off the back. The man's hands were hidden in his sleeves and he had a long scar on his face. His bangs hid his eyes.

"Excuse me, MIster? Can you tell me where I am?"

The man laughed. "You must be from another time, little one. Every other child knows 'creepy shop down the street'. Welcome to the Victorian age!" He spread his arms out wide.

"I went back in time?" Harry's eyes were wide.

The man chuckled. "Yes you did, little one. And please, call me Undertaker. Everyone does."

Harry nodded and looked around his shop. There were coffins everywhere. "Are there lot's of dead people in the Victorian age?"

The man grinned. "There are, little one. I make these beautiful beds for the guests."

"Oh. I think that's nice of you. Where I come from, people didn't have a lot of respect for the dead." Harry smiled. "I think it's nice that you do."

"Thank you, now come," Undertaker extended his hand to the little boy. "You can't stay dressed that way."

Harry looked down at his baggy tee and then back at the man before grasping the outstretched hand.

Undertaker grimaced as he seemed to take in the boy's appearance. The boy couldn't tell. "Simply atrocious," Undertaker commented as he wrinkled his nose.

"It's my cousin's. He's not skinny like me." He gestured for the tall man to lean down.

Undertaker did so without question.

"He's kinda fat. He reminds me of a baby whale," he whisper conspiratingly.

Undertaker giggled and held his free hand over his mouth. "Oh? He does? Well let's get you dressed and to sleep, little one. You can stay with me for the time being."

"Okay. My name's Harry, ."

"Nice to meet you, Harry."