Dream of Salvation

Song is Oceans by Hillsong.

It was a warm and beautiful August day in a relatively small city in Michigan. A 13 year old girl was walking down the stairs of her house, that sat in a peaceful and quiet (if you didn't count the dogs barking, which there doesn't seem to be any noise outside at this time) subdivision.

Today, a warm, bright, and peaceful day (again, it's weird. During these summer days there are dogs barking, birds singing their songs, and kids playing).

'Hang on...' The girl thought. 'It's quiet...too quiet.'

As she thought this, the area on the stairs she was standing on turned black.

Everything around her became darkness...

The girl was seen next in a bright light, surrounded by darkness. She had a deep dark feeling about what was happening.

Usually, the girl can have some pretty good predictions about what was happening...

Now, she had the worse feeling, and that was it. Normally, she can catch a glimpse of something, not just a feeling.

To add to that, she was feeling scared. Like she was living her worse fear...

...Or worse...facing it. Head on.

For fear, some say the thing to fear most is fear itself. But, in this case her worst fear is losing herself.

It's a rational fear, she doesn't want herself to become something she doesn't want. A girl who doesn't care about morals and rules.

Basically, the fear of losing her way with God and living with no one. All alone. It's worse than fearing fear itself, because once she loses herself...who knows what would and could happen.

Though, she knew that with God's help she will always know who she is. She can always find herself in God.

Closing her eyes, she prayed for strength. Feeling the sensation of falling, her brown eyes snapped open. She looked around, realizing she was somewhere else.

It looked like a different neighborhood. She could barely recognize it, like she's been here before a long time ago.

Looking around the girl tried hard to remember where she was. She had a feeling that she was brought here for a reason, only it was unknown to her.

'Why am I here?' The girl mused, before randomly stopping to look at a certain house. She knew it was not a coincidence that she was here. There's a reason why everything happens, whether it's because of scientific reasoning of the seasons or just God's hand in some events.

She had a feeling that someone she knew was fighting a battle against something. The question is, who are they fighting?

Walking forward to the house, the girl opened the door, letting herself in. She was aware of the damage through the house, but paid no mind to it.

She continued through the seamlessly endless hallway, listening for any type of sound. It's weird to think that a ordinary day can become extraordinary day. One minute the girl was at home, and now she was in a different subdivision with a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach.

She continued forward, a little slower this time. Up ahead was an open space like a house entrance.

Looking up, the girl could see a rail of the second floor that stood twelve feet from the floor she stood on.

What should have been ways into other rooms from where the girl stood, the doorways were blocked.

By what, she didn't know. The girl narrowed her eyes at the blocked ways. Tilting her head to the side, the girl heard a noise. Listening more carefully, the girl could make out what seems to be sounds of a struggle.

In a blink of an eye, there was darkness surrounding the girl. Blinking rapidly, she force herself to keep her eyes open. She didn't know why she kept herself from closing her eyes, though she did have a feeling that something bad would happen if she did.

As she climbed to her feet, she became aware of two things. One, that she had fallen onto the ground. Two, the someone she went to help was a laying on the ground a foot away from her. And, it seemed that the someone is her crush.

Blushing, the girl got up and looked around. The two were on a cliff, overlooking a chasm. Of what? The girl didn't know, but had a bad feeling about it.

As the girl stepped back, the boy behind her cried out in pain. She whipped around, eyes widening. The boy was still suffering from something, but what? She didn't know.

The girl heard a spine-chilling crackle, as the boy disappeared a few moments into his torture. Turning around, the girl met a guy wrapped in darkness?

To the girl, the darkness was lies, deceit, false words, and just plain evil. The Enemy.

"What do you want?" The girl stated calmly, standing her ground.

"You really think you can take me?" He replied, laughing at the mere thought.

The girl stood in thought, before accepting the unspoken challenge.

Then, the two started battling with swords and wills.

As the two battled, a battle raged around them. The battle between Good and Evil.

Many joined in the fray, wanting to help in the final battle.

"You're Savior is forsaking you." The Enemy sneered, cutting her with his sword.

The girl fell to the ground, blood pouring out of her stomach. The battle died down, as everyone watched the pair encounter after the blow.

The Enemy walked towards the girl as she gasped and panted. Crouching down, he said. "Where is your King?"

The girl closed her eyes trying to tune him out, but it only caused him to show the girl her fears. Her eyes forced open, having to watch as an evil her came closer.

"Yes. That is the question, isn't it?" The look-alike questioned, tilting her head to the side in mock sympathy.

The girl closed her eyes tight, praying for a miracle. Nothing happened, as The Enemy dragged her over the cliff.

"If you're Savior loves you, He will save you. But, we both know He doesn't." The Enemy laughed, finally pushing her over the edge.

The girl panicked and tears prickled her closed eyes. Then, taking a deep and calming breath, she relaxed. Praying and believing a miracle will happen, because of her faith and trust in her Savior.

"...Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders..." Her snapped open, the bridge of Oceans played.

"...Let me walk upon the waters wherever you would call me..." A waterfall appeared and she swam up, going towards the cliff.

"...Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander..." Her feet fell onto solid ground, leaving everyone in shock.

"...And my faith will be made stronger..." She stood tall, as hundreds of angels come into the battle.

"...In the presence of my Savior..." The girl finally fell into a dreamless and peaceful sleep, as a man in all white defeated The Enemy. She smiled at the thought of her Savior...as He had just saved her.

When the girl opened her eyes, she found all her friends and family surrounding her. The day they were thankful and used the miracle as a testimony...

...Somewhere on the road a bus continued its journey down to Florida, one of the many passengers was a girl with brown hair and brown eyes.

A few minutes earlier she had been asleep with headphones in, listening to Oceans by Hillsong. As the song ended she woke up, feeling confused and disorientated by her strange dream.

THE END.