Chapter Ten- Vengence is a Must

Start from the beginning

"What? Did your family cut out your tongue already?" he sarcastically asked.

"I'm gonna go get Martina." I simply said and walked past him but he held grip on my arm. He looked at me as if he was a vampire all ready to bite me.

"You're not going anywhere." He said. He dragged me and slammed me on the bed. "What the hell?!"

"You think I'll just let you get away with this? For all I know, you like that she's here, showing herself to yoir family, fighting for whatever you have." He assumed and I couldn't say he wasn't right. "But I tell you, she will never win this. You will always be mine." he whispered dangerously that it sent shivers on my spine out of fear for Lauren. He was about to lean in ans kiss me but I pushed him away as hard as I can and ran out the door.

--

The next day, I was in the annual investor's meeting with my dad and uncle Octavio. There was a new investor who we never met before.

"Ms. Camila?" Kara called out from the door, gaining all our attention.

"The new investor's here." she said too excitedly that made her look like she just saw her favorite singer.

"Yeah okay, let them in." I said and she went back outside to fetch them. And suddenly Lauren Jauregui was stood in front of us once again with her beautiful angel smile and piercing green eyes.

"She's the new investor, I suppose you all know her, Ms. Lauren Jauregui." Kara stated, grinning from ear to ear.

"Thanks for the introduction, Kara." she told her and handed her a paper with her autograph which my secretary took with a blushing cheeks. "Good morning everyone." she greeted us. Uncle Octavio looked like he just saw a ghost. Papi looked at me with confusion and I was just standing there, staring at her.

"What are you doing here Lauren?" Uncle Octavio asked, he was a little surprise but more of pissed off.

"I'm the new investor." she said.

"This is not some sick joke or a playground for kids, Lauren. This is serious business." he explained, trying to make her change her mind.

"I know sir, that's why I'm here. I want to invest in this business. I believe the Cabellos have the power and ability to make good use of my investment." She looked at my direction and our gaze met. "And I trust you. All of you."

"But..." Uncle Octavio was about to complain but Papi interruped.

"If that's the case, please take a seat Ms. Jauregui. We're starting the meeting." he instructed as soon as he saw the other investors in the room, talking to each other about what's happening. Uncle Octavio dropped his jaw, not believing what his brother just said.

"Okay sir." Lauren said, taking a seat next to mine. I took a deep breath and sat. They all get to work and pretend that nothing's wrong. But no matter how hard I try focusing on what's being said by the presentors, I just can't. Lauren's presence was inevitably snatching away my attention. Her mere presence makes my heartbeat race and the butterflies in my stomach ramble like crazy.

I abruptly stood up and walked out the door as soon as the meeting ajourned. But benownst to me, Lauren was following.

"What the hell are you doing, Lauren?" I asked her.

"I'm just trying to...invest." she said, moving closer on my desk.

"You know what my family is capable of." I reminded and she agreed.

"They could bury a bullet right into my brain anytime but I know that." she said and gave her a confused look.

"Are you suicidal again?" I asked, not really convinced it was about that at all.