In the end of it all, Travis agreed to stay, saying he had nothing left for him in the city anyways.

Now I'm anxiously waiting for my mate at the border of the pack. More thoughts run through my mind the longer I wait. What if he's ashamed to face me after seeing me run from Becky? W-What if he doesn't want me anymore?

Delilah you're being an idiot. He's our mate of course he'll want us. Raine says confidently.

Before I can continue our inner conversation I smell the scent I've been missing so much before I see him.

Derek's eyes are pitch black and he has bags under his eyes. His hair is tousled, cheeks sinked in, and his knuckles are raw and pink.

A gasp escapes me. His cheeks look like mine when I wasn't able to catch a hunt, and what happened to his hands?

"Derek." I whisper.

Without so much as a word Derek smiles and pulls me to him with an arm wrapped around my waist and the other cupping my cheek lovingly. For a moment his eyes turn to that deep brown I love so much before turning pitch black in an instant. It scares me somewhat.

His lips crash to mine in a feverish kiss. As if he's stating his claim, it's not like the gentle passionate ones he usually gives me. It's purely territorial, my lips have no say or part it this kiss. I can't keep up. My mate's chest rumbles in a low growl and he gently nips my lip, having it automatically open up for him in the process. Without so much as to spare me a breath of air, Derek deepens the kiss. Our tongues battle for a short amount of time before I unfortunately lose and he overtakes the kiss. Exploring my mouth as if to keep it in his memory as it brushes across my tongue softly. I begin to pull away in desperate need for air and my mate releases a groan in response. His hold only tightens as he brings his other hand down to hold my hips. Me pulling away doesn't stop the trail his lips leave down my neck and I feel a light scrape of teeth way to sharp to belong to a human.

"So, I'm guessing he's your mate?" I hear the voice of Travis in the backround and instantly freeze up in embarrassment realizing the head of the warriors and his men along with Derek's Beta are all here. The whole time we kissed, they were there. I feel my cheeks heat up once again. My hands reach out to gently push Derek away from me only to have him growl in annoyance, but pulls away nevertheless.

I slowly turn towards Travis and nod my head, not being able to do much else.

"So that whole biting into the neck thing. Is that normal for you guys?" (BTW imagine Travis w/ Kevin Hart's voice. If you don't know who that is, look him up :)

Instead of answering his question Derek slightly pushes me behind him, "Who's he?" He asks.

"He helped me here. He's my friend Travis!" I say enthusiasticly and smile wide.

Derek looks a bit reluctant to speak, but does nevertheless. "You have my thanks. I'm in your debt for keeping my mate safe." The way he said it sounded so calculated, strained even.

"No problem man." Then he looks at me. "Do all of you guys speak like this?"

"No. He doesn't normally speak like this. I don't know why he's being so serious..." I say softly.

Derek sniffs the air. "You smell a lot like him." He states looking towards me, his eyes becoming a darker shade of brown.

"Yeah, I just said he took care of me when I got lost." I furrow my eyebrows as I inspect my mate. "Are you okay, Derek?"

His eyes soften and he quickly shakes his head. "Yeah, uh, fine. Lets go home."

Before he leads me away I quickly speak up, but Jacob and the others continue there way back. "Wait!" Derek gives me his full attention. "I was wondering if he could stay with us?" I ask hesitantly.