Chapter 5

Derek's wolf!
****
Recap
"If I understand what you said correctly, you don't know how to live an average human life?" He clarifies.

I nod.

He takes hold of my small hands in his larger ones. "Then let me teach you." He begs.

Maybe I can try. For him.
****

Delilah's P.O.V
I'm reluctant, but nod nevertheless. The wide grin that spreads across Derek's face shocks me. Did I make him that happy? My stomach feels...funny.

"Great." Derek says with his voice still emotionless. "Lets start by you not trying to run away from me." He smirks, I vaguely notice how his teeth shine in the dim lighting of the sunset.

I don't know why, but I feel my face getting hot.

"Awe, you're all red." He cooes, with a small smile.

I gasp and lay my hand on my cheek. Why am I red? Is there something wrong with me!? I think in panic.

My mate must have seen my internal distress and explained, "Oh, no it okay!" Derek quickly rebounds. "It means you're blushing." He ends softly.

Blushing?

"Blushing is when your face usually feels heated from embarrassment, and your cheeks or ears tint red, or pink." He chuckles. "I wonder what's going on in that mind of yours to make you blush."

I feel my eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"You must not know much if you don't even know what blushing is." He mumbles to himself. "Do you know how long you've been in those woods?" He asks.

My mind thinks back to when I lived with my parents and little brother, but I immediately push it at the back of my mind. Right now is not the time to think of that. I think further ahead, Eight years? I hold my fingers up and mentally count how long.

"Eight years!?" Derek yells, abruptly sitting up and getting off me.

I sit up and nod, curling my tail around me for comfort, a habit I've developed from being alone over the years, Did I do something wrong?

Once he sees the action he lowers his voice, "Sorry, I didn't mean to get so loud."

I only stare up at him, and slightly loosen my tail from around me.

Derek's voice catches in his throat, as his eyebrows furrow. He looks down at me seemingly deep in thought. "I don't even know your name." He whispers. "Can you tell me your name?"

I nod eagerly, excited to show him that I at least know how to do one thing. I quickly stand to my feet and look around for something to write with.

"What are you looking for?" He asks slowly.

My finger does a writing gesture in the air.

"Write. Oh, you want to write your name?" He asks.

I again, nod eagerly. Although that is the only thing I can write, I want to at least show him that so he doesn't think I'm a total loss. I remember letters and such, but I just need confirmation that they are the correct letters I'm thinking of. Academics start to get a bit blurry over the years when you haven't even thought of the subject.

"But why can't you just tell me? You can't be mute, you just spoke to me." He smiles and slowly strokes my cheek, "And I'm already being swayed with that angelic voice you have."

My face begins to feel hot again and I slap his hand away to glare at him, only to earn a chuckle.

"You're so cute, thinking you can intimidate me." My mate says, giving a cute lop-sided grin.

Did I just think it was cute?

"But in all seriousness, why can't you just tell me?" He asks, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I just raise my hand to my throat in response.

"I'm confused..." His eyebrows furrow once more, which I'm starting to realize he does often.

This time I wrap my hand around my throat and hang my tongue out the side of my mouth.

Derek's eyes begin to darken in rage, "Somone tried to choke you." He accuses, with his voice deadly silent.

I frantically shake my head.

His eyes begin to brighten up as he comes to the conclusion, "It hurts to speak." He sighs. "Good." He mumbles then looks at me in panicwhen I stare at him with furrowed brows and a glare.

Good? What does he mean good! You're my mate, me being in pain is not suppose to be good! My thoughts run wild as I sit there wishing I can say those things to his face.

His hand raise up in his defense, "N-n-no! By 'good' I meant it's good that someone tried to choke you!"

My eyebrows arch and my eyes widen in disbelief. What!

My mate gasps as he realizes what just came out of his mouth before groaning, "I meant it's good that someone didn't try to choke you." He sighs, finalizing his answer.

My facial expression returns back to normal when he explains himself. Oh.

Derek's eyes quickly scan the room, landing on a notepad and pencil on the messy nightstand. "Uhm, here." He says handing me the two.

I quickly begin to scribble down my name. It looks a bit sloppy and hard to read, but he eventually gets it.

"Dal- Dela- Delila?" He reads.

I shake my head and point to the h that looks a lot like a b I think.

"Delilah." He breathes, making a grin break out on my face. "Delilah." He repeats, "What a beautiful name."

I look down at my feet and begin to blush again.

"You've shifted completely." My mate observes. His eyes darken as they rake up my body, but he squeezes them shut once again. Derek rapidly goes through his drawers and hands me some loose clothing. "Here, please put these on."

I look at the clothing oddly, but put it on nevertheless. Once I'm done, I tap his shoulder, but flinch when I feel tingles from the contact.

"What's wrong?" He asks and his eyebrows furrow once again. When he sees me stare down at my palm, recognition goes across his features. "Oh the tingles." He gives me a small smile, "It's normal. All mates feel them when they touch." Just as he says that his arms circle my waist and gently pulls me closer. "Didn't your parents ever discuss this with you?"

My face falls when I begin thinking about my parents. My mate must have seen my discomfort because he says, "It's getting late, lets go back to bed."

I realize thats it's past sunset when the orange hue is no longer in the sky and nod in agreement. We lay in the same position as before, with my back against his chest as his arm is draped over my midsection.

I hear, "I'll try to teach you more tomorrow." before I let the darkness take over and fall into a peaceful sleep for once.