prologue

"If you want to feel better, then you need to learn how to let people in," I reassured him after the many times he rejected people's offers to help in so many different ways.

"I've never let people in," he slumped down on the couch in his living room.

"It's all up to you. I'm not pushing you to do anything," I rested my spine against the wall from across him, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

He sighed heavily after thinking for a long time. "Fine. I'm gonna start by letting you in. On everything," he said, his blue orbs finally looking up to meet mine.

***

She is an average girl who works in an average coffee shop, but 'average' doesn't necessarily mean normal. During her high school times back in Buenos Aires, she was the queen bee of her gang. She was everything that you can imagine. Bitchy, controlling, always creating catfights, always making fun of people. She was definitely the school's Regina George. Or at least, she was one of them.

But since she moved to Madrid, she hasn't been the same. She has been better, less bitchy, and... good. She's changed. She started a new life as soon as she started university in Madrid. She has good friends around her, and also a supportive father back home in Argentina.

He, on the other hand, was a broken man. He can be cold and closed-up, and no one knows what lurks behind the thick wall he puts up. He has a hard time dealing with the past. His past. He has good friends around him, but he never lets anyone in. He pushes people away from him, because of his lack of trust, his ugly past, and his too kind of a heart that he buries underneath his cold attitude.