44 : 6/3/16 - friday

jules

   the dance was becoming unfortunate.

   grace was dancing with three other girls that went by the names, 'candy, davina, and mara' by the punch table. they all looked gorgeous ill say, but i wasn't having any fun like grace said i would have.

   im trying, i promise.

   the only good outcomes had been that sam and ben weren't here, and if they were, they were nowhere to be seen.

   "come on, julia, shake those hips," grace cried out.

   "im not shakira, grace," i replied with a chuckle.

   she shook her head, and continued dancing. the mood was reverted when the dance beat changed to a slow song.

   "jules?"

   i looked up to see ben, then i looked away, rolling my eyes.

   "can i have this dance?" he asked.

   "only because it would be rude to say no," i replied.

   he took my hand, and led me to the dance floor. his hands went to my waist, while mine went around his neck, and we moved in a slow fashion. it was especially hard with a cast on.

  "i didn't mean to hurt you," he said.

   i looked at him, "im not hurt."

   "you looked hurt."

   "well im not anymore," i responded quickly.

   "i just liked it better when we were friends."

   "so did i..." i confessed.

   "can we just be friends then? promise you're not still mad, or hurt," he said.

   "promise."

   he waited a few seconds before i sighed, "it wouldn't kill to be friends, too...i guess."

   i felt comfortable around ben now, but only because ive known him for quite a long time.

   "can i steal her away?" sam asked.

   screw his good looks.

   they switched places, and i looked at his gorgeous chocolate brown eyes unintentionally.

   screw his pretty eyes.

   "are you okay?" he asked.

   "never better."

   "look, jules, it was supposed to be a joke, and i thought it wouldn't change anything. you were just some girl, but now i think you're kinda cool, and i want to be your friend if you'll forgive me," he enlightened me.

   "i don't know..." i trailed off.

   "please," he pleaded.

   "your eyes are really pretty," i complimented.

   "don't change the subject, can you please forgive me?" he asked.

   "you got good looks, too."

   he stopped dancing with me, and held out his hand, "my name is sam howard wilkinson, im 17 years old and im an ass, be friends with me?"

   a few seconds went by with me being surprised at his gesture. i let go of the past and finally took his hand, "my name is julia lynn kingsman, im 17 years old, and because im impressed and irritated, ill be your friend."

   "you're gonna love me."