17 : 5/5/16

afterschool

   "where are you taking me?" i asked.

   "somewhere cool, now no peeking," ben said.

   "im not peeking, chill," i laughed a little.

   i felt the car jerk, and stop, and ben took his keys out. he opened his door, and came to my side to let me out.

   "can i take this blindfold off now?" i asked.

   "no, hold on, jules."

   he took my hand, and walked me through some grass. summer was going to settle in soon, and i was more than excited.

   "okay stop."

   i stopped where i was, and let him take the blindfold from over my eyes...then i saw it.

   hundreds of beautiful flowers grew in this area of all different kinds of colors. some were blue, purple, yellow, and pink.

   "this may be cliche, but i wanted to ask you something," ben told me.

   "yes?" i asked.

   "this is kinda hard, but i like you. you're beautiful, amazing, and sweet, and kind-"

   "are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" i asked him.

   "yea i guess i am. ive been holding back for awhile, because i dreaded the thought of rejection. if you did reject me, i didn't want our friendship to be weird or-"

   i cut him off by placing my hand over his mouth, "the answer is yes."

   his eyes dilated bigger, and his mouth formed into a wild grin. how could my answer make him so happy? what was so special about me?

   at this point though, i didn't know what to do. should i kiss him, or hug him? we just stood there, and i was looking at the flowers while i could catch ben's eyes staring at me without even looking.

   there was a point when i started liking ben, it was in the beginning of junior year, this year i mean. i didn't even think about dating him, because he was dating jenny schulzhe around that time. they broke up after two months, but i decided to keep my secret...a secret. it's been fading, but just seeing his face light up made it start building up.

   how didn't i catch any hints though? was there a certain way he looked at me that i hadn't noticed, but everyone else did? did he do tiny gestures that i thought were best friend related when really he was showing his affection towards me? i wish i caught all of this beforehand, but i know sam did.

   i wish i knew who sam was, i don't even know his last name to grab a face at school. there's at least a couple sam's in our junior year class:

sam rogers.
sam sanders.
sam underwood.
sam wilkinson...

   god, i don't wanna think about him. he was such a jerk in middle school, yet i had to develop a crush on him. which fortunately ended in sophomore year; only because he didn't even known my name, and we've been going to school together since kindergarten. also because he picked on so many people, not including myself thankfully, but i can't say much for the people who weren't as lucky as i was.

   "jules?" ben grabbed my attention, and i shook my thoughts out of my head.

   "sorry," i said.

   "ill take you home," he grabbed my hand, and started walking us back to his car.

   "you're my only ride home," i laughed.