Chapter Nineteen

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

"What are we going to do?" I asked. I could feel my wolf and otter both felt the need to protect anyone and everyone at all costs.

"We need to start training harder. There is a little chance that a battle would happen all the way over here, but being since Evan and Annabelle are here there's a chance there might be some recruiting or kidnapping"

"I'm not letting that happen" Ashton growled and held my hand.

"We also have the children of the gold and silver wolves. Their eyes, that's why they change" I whsipered and everyone looked over at me.

"What was that?" Diana asked me

"Umm, well Austin and Delilah's eyes. They change color when one is hurt or upset to this pale silver. Sometimes I see their eyes change randomly and they will look at each other, then they go back to green"

"Pale silver?" James asked and I nodded my head yes.

"I've never heard of such thing"

"I think now its because they are heirs of the silver wolf. He or she must have silver eyes as well" I stated and everyone seemed to agree.

"Ashton, Annabelle. There's something else we would like to talk to you about" James said after a moment of silence. Ashton's siblings all got up and walked to the family room.

"What is it?" Ashton asked. He seemed a bit worried. I was too.

"Being since this war could take place next month or in fifteen years we won't be able to be in charge and it would be hard to change leadership. Diana and I have figured that it would be best to hand you the titles of Alpha and Luna now" I sat there frozen. Me? Luna? Already?

"That is if you are ready. We really think it would be best for the pack that is why we brought this up" Diana quickly added seeming to notice our hesitation.

"What do you think? Are you ready to be Luna?" Ashton asked me. Something within me sparked and I knew, I was ready for this.

"Yeah, I am. Are you?"

"Yeah" he smiled at me and I smiled back. I then felt something weird. My body started aching, and I felt reallu warm. "Annabelle, are you ok?" Ashton asked a bit frantically.

"I think she's shifting" I was lifted up by Ashton and quickly taken outside. It's always after a nice family dinner and conversation. Ashton lied me on the ground again and everyone backed away from me. I felt my skin start to blister, and my body got so hot I swore I heard my skin sizzling.

I felt my bones crack and rearrange themselves and feathers started propping out of my skin. I felt like I was going to pass out but then I excepted the shift and I couldn't feel the pain anymore.

I lied there for a moment and when I knew everything was over I got up. I looked myself over and I was in flames. "How does that not hurt?" Eliza asked in complete shock.

"It just doesn't" I responded and laughed a bit at her.

"You're so beautiful. I've never seen a phoenix in person, only drawings in books" Diana told me. So happy I can't blush right now. I tried to walk forward but immediately fell.

My leg still didn't work. I was small. I wasn't even to everyone's knees. I'm pretty sure I was the height of a chicken, maybe smaller.

"Hello, I'm Adan" a new voice said in my head. Jeez I'm going to have lots of voices in my head.

"Hello Adan, I'm Annabelle"

"I know. I've been assigned to you since you were born"

"Awkward" Lynn whispered

"Thanks Lynn"

"No problem. Wow I wish I had a better introduction. Mine was so crappy and still haunts me to this day"

"Hi Adan!" Lauren blurted out

"That was really random Lauren" Lynn pointed out making Lauren growl a bit at her

"Well I didn't know when to say hi, so I thought hey why wait?"

"I really like this" Adan stated giggling a bit at Lauren and Lynn. I'm glad Lynn is talking again.

I looked around trying to find my clothes, then I noticed they were burned when I shifted. Awesome. I saw Ashton walk over with a shirt and some sweatpants for me. I chirpped greatfully towards him. "Sorry about your clothes, they burn during the first shift" Adan apologize. I told her it was fine then shifted and put my clothes on.

Ashton helped me stand, and when we all decided to go inside he picked me up. "Ashton I can walk"

"Anna you fell earlier today" Damian said and Ashton gave me a worried look.

"Because my foot got caught, I can still walk. I'm not some cripple"

"I know you're not some cripple" he stopped and everyone kept walking inside "but there's a bigger chance of you never walking again than you walking in a year"

"I know that"

"Annabelle, this is how things are going to be for now on. I'm sorry baby" Ashton whispered, he looked guilty and sad. I know he still thinks this is all his fault. I felt my eyes start to water and a lump in my throat start to form.

Tears started streaming down my face as I now thought about my future. I know John said there is a chance I could walk in a year but it might not happen.

"I'm scared. I just want to be able to walk again" I cried into his chest. He held me tighter as I cried.

"You know what. I'm going to make sure you will. I'll do whatever it takes"

"Asht-"

"Annabelle I'm serious, I'm not going to stop. Nothing will stop me" he said leaving no room for argument and then took me inside. After awhile Ashton's family went home and so Ashton helped me to bed.

"Goodnight" he whispered as I cuddled into his chest.

"Goodnight" I whispered back. He pulled me closer and gave me a kiss on the head then I drifted off into the darkness of sleep.

__________________

Hey guys! It's summer! I'm so happy it is so I can spend more time writing and being with my boyfriend and staying away from annoying bitches.

I started working on the sequel already, is that weird? It's about eighteen years later. I hope you guys read The Golden Rouge because the sequel to this book is also the sequel to that book.

I don't have problems anymore!😁
Gotta love summer vacation!

Stay awesome and beautiful like you already are! I love you guys!

Thanks for reading

~Golden_wolf24