Prolouge

"Nathaniel?" I asked looking up at him. I looked at his hair flopping down his face. He had hair down to his shoulder blades. His beautiful brown locks of hair. He grows his hair out so he can donate it to locks of love. He is so considerate.

He looks down at me with those electrifying blue eyes that make me melt all the time. "hm" he says.

"Can you get me some ice cream?" I asked.

"Baby, I know its that time, but you cant just keep eating ice cream." he says kissing my nose.

I look up at him with wide eyes. "Why?"

"How about i take you out on a date. Then we can go see your mom." he suggests.

"Can I get ice cream after eating real food?" I asked still mesmerizing by his gleaming blue eyes. Blue eyes has always fascinated me.

"Only if your good," he said with a goofy smile on his face.

He leaned down till his nose was touching mine. We stared into each others eyes. I leaned up and we were about to kiss when the phone rang. This was in no way our first kiss. Its just we aren't like the others who kiss wildly. We cherish each kiss. It's just us. We do kiss in public we just don't make a dramatic scene out of it, like others. We are both very big books worms. That's how I met him.

I reach behind me and grab the house phone and answer, "Hello, this is Willow speaking."

"Mrs. Smill, I am sorry to say this, but Sylvia Smill just passed away an hour ago." Said the other person on the other hand. I dropped the phone shocked.

Nathaniel looked at me suddenly. I was numb, and he was trying to talk to me. He then picks up the phone and start to talk to the lady on there. I hear him talking but i cant make out the word. I'm in shock, i really cant understand anything.

My mom was in the hospital for cancer. She was supposed to get her last treatment today and stay the night for a couple of days to make sure everything was going good and she can start living her life again. She was supposed to be here for the last two years to see my graduate and me start to go to college. She was supposed to help me find a dress for my wedding. She was supposed to see me get married. She was supposed to spoil any kids i have and help me with any problem i have. She was just supposed to be there.

I look back up to Nathaniel and found he was off the phone and looking at me with worried eyes. He scooted towards me and puts his arms around me and started to rub my back lovingly.

I cuddled up to him and asked the question i was thinking for the past few weeks.

"You wont leave me, right?"

He looked down at me and kissed my the crown of my head and said "Willow, I will try my hardest to stay by your side for the rest of your life."

I just nodded my head and cuddled closer to him while he hugged me and rubbed my back singing one of my favorite songs, Whiskey Lullaby from Brad Paisley and Allison Krauss. This song had no connection to the situation, But i loved listening to his voice and he knew i did, it put me to sleep.

~~~~~<<<<>>>>~~~~~

Nathaniel had taken care of me for the last few days. I am very grateful for that, I was lost, I felt like i was an empty shell.

"Willow, sweetie. It's time to go." Nathaniel said walking up to me.

I was staring in a mirror in my room, just staring at nothing. I was wearing a black dress with a pair of flats. I curled my hair so it hung down in ringlets. I looked pretty. I had the body like Meghan Trainor. So i couldn't fit most dresses like my friends. So my dresses were on the bigger side of things. I guess sitting around reading and hanging with Nathaniel can do that to you. I was a chubby baby too, so its not anyone's fault but mine.