Revenge

Tad and Brett looked around. "Where's that dumb mutt?" Brett asked. "I knew John was lying. This is just another stupid prank." Tad said angrily. Then, it happened. The savage Cujo approached the two men.

"Brett, run to the house and find John." Tad said anxiously. Brett took off. Tad got out his taser and turned it on. He shocked the dog, causing it to become unconscious. Then, he ran for the house.

    Tad walked in to see that Brett had found John. He had been crying. "Jubal... He was my best friend." John cried. "Now he's gone." A tear rolled down his face.

    "We thought it was just a joke. It sounded so stupid, we didn't even think that the legend was true. We didn't think Cujo existed." John said solemnly. "The legend is true. He was my dog." Brett replied. "Yeah, he bit my mom and caused her to die. He almost killed me too." Tad responded.

    "I know! My dad had a butcher knife and I had a metal and another wooden bat." Brett explained. He grabbed the items. He handed the wooden bat to Tad and the metal one to John. He kept the knife for himself.

    The three walked outside, ready to attack the beast. "John, he's not out here. Run and jump over the gate." Tad said. John made a run for it, but Cujo stopped him. John swung the bat, knocking the dog across the dirt driveway. He ran and jumped over the gate.

    Cujo got up quickly and turned and looked at Tad and Brett. He charged at them. Tad started to back up. Brett turned around but Cujo sunk his teeth into his leg. Brett fell down but Tad grabbed him and picked up the knife. He brought it down onto Cujo's head.

    Brett ran into the house. Tad hit Cujo with the bat causing it to break in two. He picked up the knife. He swung it around but it missed the dog. He brought it down one more time and it hit Cujo's head. It chopped it right off.

   Brett ran back outside, limping. The two races to the gate. Tad helped Brett climb over. The three walked home, each had a new story to tell.