Chapter 1

It was said that a long while ago, one of the greatest geniuses of the Earth, Daedalus, had given birth to the modern geniuses Albert Einstein and Thomas Edison. Although they both had several children, only 2 (one from each) was born an impeccable genius. Now the next two impeccable geniuses were here. Kyle Edison and the other. People called him "the other" because Einstein himself did not know his son's name. He had been pronounced dead long ago. But Kyle...Kyle could feel that he was alive. Kyle knew that the other was stronger, possibly stronger than he was. Kyle knew... or thought he did that when his time came, the other would overpower he himself. Kyle had a weak link, as most geniuses did, which in his case was his lack of courage, Kyle had been told numerous times when he was younger that his lack of courage would be his defeat, leading him to solidly believe that the others flaw couldn't be nearly as fatal as his own. Prophecies had already been made about this generation of impeccable geniuses, and although they were highly unthought of as anything special, those prophecies were real for Kyle...he read them every single day, three or four times.

Those prophecies were his fate: and he knew it.The prophecy went like this: "at the beginning, grief will come sorrow...a lost one to be there...awaiting tomorrow"

" Near the middle, they will unite... to come together in one...to be aligned"

" Breakthroughs will happen...a villain will strike...blood or stranger...for the two to decide"

"One will be gone, the other to perish...one dream will be crushed...the other fulfilled"

"Lest the Genius chain be ultimately finished"

And Kyle had worked out, after more than 15 years, just around 1/1000 of the prophecy. The one thing he knew, the only thing that he knew was that his cousin, his cousin, could be his rejoice or his ultimate fail. Kyle knew something else too: His cousin was in danger...they were to be united...but as most prophecies had it, the reunion would be much less, and much more than what they could imagine.

 Kyle had tried guessing the other sides of the prophecy. The other lines, well,  nothing made sense. At the beginning, grief will come sorrow. That line made enough sense, Kyle would think of it as the amount of grief his cousin had caused when he had disappeared. But was it really his cousin that caused the grief and sorrow? Each line had multiple meanings that Kyle just couldn't understand. The possibilities of each sentence in the prophecy were endless. Blood or stranger...for the two to decide...what would they decide on? Blood? Stranger? Killing each other or a stranger? Kyle didn't want to even think about that anymore.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other one sat in the woods. He had been walking for...oh...how long...leaves...golden brown...one fell on top of him. The crunch of the leaves under his feet. The mist whirling around him, the crisp autumnal air around him. How long he had been there he did not know. Mud encased his brown boots, soil streaked upon his plaid shirt, water around his jeans. A warm scarf around his neck...orange. Days, weeks, months, even years...he didn't know. What was this place? He brushed himself off and ran...from what? Ran into a marketplace ...hid down in a corner...what was he hiding from? The smell of sweet tacos and hot dogs and....

"DING!!!!!!!!! DING!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The alarm clock sounded...he sat up.

"BOY! GET UP!" Dr. Levy ran over to him and yanked the curtains off the rod, "I need you to make an invention! HURRY HURRY!"

As usual, the other walked up, grabbed his notepad and his pencil and began to write down his invention of the day. He felt in the mood for science today...engineering. Hurriedly he jotted down his invention. The material part was easy, and ideas always came to him.

"Here sir," he said, shoving the invention in his face.

"I can do that!" Chirped Dr. Levy

Dr. Levy was only a "genius" because of well, him. But the other knew that if Levy hadn't accepted the other into his home...he would be somewhere else...he felt something bad was happening out there...something that could potentially ruin his life. He didn't remember it anymore...it was something that had made him leave home...something that had just made him feel the urge to just leave and run away. But sometimes, he'd wanted to face that danger, to have an adventure in his life.

"Ding Dong"

His chain of thoughts was suddenly interrupted by a loud ring from the door. As always, the other went to go get the mail. But instead of the usual amount of letters and fan mail, on the doorstep was an unusual box. It was a cardboard box...but something about it was absolutely strange...it was covered in well...a name...it said: To the boy who supposedly lives here.

Hearing the banging and boxing downstairs, the other retired down to his quarters, and placed both hands on the package. Was this for him? Surely it was a mistake...surely something was wrong...something had to be wrong. In the 17 years that he'd lived here no one had ever sent him a package...much less a package quite like this one. What if...

What if it was something bad?

What if when he opened it, a bomb came out and he exploded into a couple pieces of flesh and bone? Slowly he placed down the package on his desk...slowly put his hands upon it.

He tried to play a guessing game...see if he could...see if he could actually guess what was in it. Maybe it was a nice book on engineering, or maybe it was...he stopped. Grasped the pull tab. And ripped.

The other stuck his hand down into the package. He felt two objects...one was definitely a sheet of paper...the other one was something else. He hurriedly pulled the two objects out. Two objects, a note and a corn doll. The note had a few lines of messy handwriting...ink smears. The corn doll wore a brown dress made of coarse cloth, had yellow yarn as hair, and small leather boots on its small feet.

The note read a few lines: "When you are ready, place my soul down here,"

"To see and transfer to your cousin's land,"

"There to unite, or fight to the death,"

"No weapons or armor, but a brain to be best."

"Not smartness, nor greatness, but love to be blessed."

The last two lines were different...brain and then love...so which one won overall? But was his cousin the one...the one he was to battle? or did he really fear himself? He hadn't experienced enough of his past to figure it out. Levy had erased his memories...those few he had...

He remembered only the old and rusty courtyard...

Not only was this his last good memory... but it was his LAST one...the only one left...the way someone would hold onto their life was the way he held on to this last memory.