Pure Bliss

Dedication to this person because she is amazing and one of my favourite writers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We stumbled out to the car as orders were thrown at us from the party host before he disappeared into the sea of teenagers, 

"Get like 5 cases of beer and a couple of bottles of vodka," The car doors slammed shut and the engine was revved slightly before we took off, most likely over the speed limit. Minutes later we arrived outside the alcohol store. 

"Has everyone got their fake ID's?" Mark asked as he turned around in his seat. We held them up in unison before we slid out of the car and into the bottle store. The beer fridge could be spotted easily at the back as soon as we walked in. Mark and Kyle headed straight over while Kim and I went to get the vodka. 

"Get the cheapest stuff," Kim said as she scanned the price labels. She found what she was looking for and grabbed a few bottles then walked towards the counter where Mark was already waiting. 

"That comes to $143.70." The cashier said. Mark laughed, 

"Lucky Sam's loaded." He handed the money over then grabbed our purchases, leading us back out to the car. Beers were passed around for the ride back and soon we were chugging them down. The windy roads didn't convince Mark to slow the speed that he was making the car go. We finally made it onto the straight road that would lead off onto Sam's private road/driveway. Mark turned around to say something to us as we stopped at a 't' intersection. 

"Ha ha, you should do a burn out," Kyle said, egging Mark on. We all laughed as the car began to skid in circles. Once we had gone around a few times we stopped right in the middle of the intersection, still laughing from the dizziness that going around so many times had caused. A horn sounded from my side of the car. I turned to see headlights heading straight for us. My eyes widened and everything went silent before we were sent flying down the road, rolling again and again. When we finally stopped rolling we were upright, blood surrounded me. I looked to my left to see Kim with a few scratches but nothing major, staring back at me with her hand to her heart. In front of her, Kyle was looking at Mark who was slightly slouched with his head on the steering wheel but I could hear him groaning so I knew he was ok. Kyle turned to me then whispered something to Mark and suddenly all eyes were on me. 

"What? Is there something on my face?" I asked, touching my cheeks and forehead. I looked at my hands and they were covered in blood. I faced Kim but she wasn't looking at me in the eyes anymore, I followed her stare down to my stomach. The bottles of beer that had recently been sitting on my lap were smashed. Huge shards of glass were lodged into my abdomen. I started to feel light-headed before I began to slip away to my name being called. I watched down on Kim and the boys shaking my body. Sub-consciously I knew it wouldn't help but it was the thought that counted. Mark pulled out his phone then started yelling into it to get an ambulance. He had always watched over me like an older brother since my family had died on the 9/11 flight. I've had a good life so far. I'm ready to go see my family again. It's been awhile. Sirens sounded and I looked to my side, flashes of the crash erupted in my mind as the ambulance pulled up, someone jumped out the back, dragging a stretcher with them. My body was loaded onto it then thrown into the back along with the other three. Police were inspecting the car while I watched. As the ambulance drove away, I was pulled with, as if there was an invisible rope that connected me with my body but it was shortening. I slid through the wall and I was reconnected with my body.

I opened my eyes and looked around. Already there were several lines being stabbed into my arms and torso. A steady beeping came from a heart monitor nearby. It slowed drastically as I felt my eyes closing and my soul slipping away once again. I stood by my lifeless body as one of the ambulance officers worked hard to bring me back.

"It's time to go, hun," My beloved Gran stood with me as I watched the failing attempts to bring me back. I stepped out of the ambulance, feeling as if I was walking on water. I could see my parents in the distance, waving me towards them.

I walked with my Gran towards the light.

Pure bliss.