Chapter 22: Devil Woman

Start from the beginning

"Like I give a shit." I ridiculed, my eyes shifting to a beefy tattooed man, lighting his cigarrete at the entrance of the place as he gave me a look before I rolled my eyes and walked away, mumbling an "I don't care about her" under my breath.

I continued to walk, the sounds of laughter and whatever sports channel was playing on the television in the bar fading in the back as I forced my legs to keep walking.

Ha, she'll look so stupid, going into that bar ready to embrace the guy who won't even be there.

Another pang of pain hit my chest but I ignored it and proceeded with my steps.

She'll ask around, her eyes wide with hope and desperation and she'll wait at the bar like a loner.

A loud thump emenated from my chest, making me stop in my tracks as I clutched at my heart in a panic, the vibration of it still thrumming through my body.

Now these, these were not the good vibrations I've been hearing about in that old eighty's song.

I swallowed, shaking my head as I forced myself to walk again.

Then when the bar is almost empty, Liza will cry- she'll just cry and be sad and those poor crocodile tears will well up in those big beautiful brown eyes of hers and-

"Fuck!" I cursed, almost falling to my knees when two more thumps resounded from my chest, my breathing quickening at the image of Liza crying alone, broken hearted before I felt some sort of, warm liquid seep down my cheek.

Holy shit was I melting?

Oh my god I'm melting! I'm fucking melting!

I blinked in confusion, furrowing my brows in concentration as I slowly brought my hand up to my face, almost jolting in surprise when something wet touched the pad of my fingers before I wiped at the corner of my eye.

I stared down at the splattered tear on the skin of my hand in horror, my mouth agape as my pulse raced.

Did I just-

Oh fuck no.

Before I could stop myself I turned around, running back towards the stupid fucking bar screaming "I'm a fucking pussy" in frustration.

"Get the fuck out of my way! I care!" I yelled, causing most of the customers to turn their heads and send me looks as I adruptly shoved a few people out of my way while I ran inside, losing myself in the crowd as I changed my form, tattoos trailing over my arms and chest and my hair growing down to my shoulders as stubble dotted around my sharp jawline in the blink of an eye.

By the time I emerged through the sea of people and took a seat at the counter, I had taken the appearance of the Psycho.

"No worries, I'll just- I just want a drink. is all. Yeah, I'm not here just in case Liza comes here and I have to pretend to be Psycho so she won't get hurt... pfftt... whatttt... no." I shook my head in denial, rubbing my sweaty palms against my pants as I nervously played with the rings on my fingers, shifting in my seat while I bit my lip.

"Hey cutie, you here by yourself?" A curvacious woman approached my side, resting her hand on my stiff shoulders before she made sure to lean forward on the counter, her large chest practically fully exposed in her constricting one size too small tank top as I scowled and kept my gaze at her face.

"Maiden, exposing more of your skin and body to me will not award you with any more respect from me than you have for yourself." I snapped at her, my voice strained before both of our eyes widened in shock.

"Holy shit what the fuck did I just say? Oh my god I called you a maiden, did you hear that!" I exclaimed in a panic, gripping onto the side of her arms as I shook her with such a force she immediatly pulled away from me in fear.