Next round?

I turn to the men, "How many rounds is this fight?"

"Five."

I don't know which of the men answer me, but I can feel my body start to shake again. Holden has to go back in and fight my brother for another two rounds. I was counting for the shock factor for only one of the rounds. It was supposed to put Holden on top.

"T?"

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by Holden's voice, turning my attention to him. "Hmm?"

"Do I get a good luck kiss?"

I roll my eyes, pretending to be okay with the additional rounds I wasn't accounting for. I place a chaste kiss against Holden's lips, nudging him back into the ring as the bell sounds again. For this round, I stand closer to the ring than I have been.

This might be the scariest thing of my life.

I watch as the men battle it out, both getting a decent amount of hits on the other. The audience is screaming and cheering, but I tune out all of their vulgar comments and focus completely on technique. Holden does well and listens to me about Eli's shin, buying himself recovery time as Eli stumbles back to regain his balance.

Everything between the men is calculated. With a minute left in the round, the men walk in a slow circle, anticipating who will make the next move.

My brother just doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. "Was that your ploy, Samuels? Fuck my sister and put her on display?"

Holden's jaw clenches as a malicious smile overtakes his features. Whatever is about to happen between the men is just giving the audience more of a show; the ref won't call anything. But now the attention is drawn to me. Eli's smart — getting the audience on his side, even with sympathy, gives him an advantage.

Holden's smarter.

"You made the bet on her, Samson. Are you seriously trying to claim brother of the year?"

I feel the eyes of almost everyone in the audience glance from between the two men and back to me. My throat feels like it's closing up; I can hardly breathe from the scene playing out in front of me.

"It's my job to protect her. Especially from people like you."

The men continue to circle each other, both of their hands placed up in front of their faces as a defense. I feel like I've been thrown into the middle of a soap opera. This isn't a fight; it's a drama show.

"Was Luke your way of protection?"

My eyes widen at Holden's bold comment and I don't even have time to scream out and warn Holden as Elijah shoots his fist out, clipping Holden's chin. He deflected it enough, but Eli keeps coming at him. If Holden doesn't win this round, he has another one to go.

The bell dings; end of round four.

Winner: Elliot Samson.

I inhale deeply, exhaling slowly as I try to rid myself of the forceful anxiety coursing through me. I allow Holden's team to take over coaching him, pointing out Eli's patterns. My eyes scan the area, looking for Holden's actual coach.

I can't find Josh anywhere.

When the warning bell rings, I hike myself up to the ring and give Holden another kiss. It's quick, but out of the corner of my eye, I see Josh.

He's with Eli.

From my position, there's no way to gauge anything he's saying. Acid seems to boil in the pit of my stomach; Jack told me Samson's coach never showed up to his fights. Makes sense, because somebody would have recognized Josh.