Prologue

"Hmh? Who are you?" A voice echoes.

"Ah, I see. You must be a traveler of time, like me! Interesting, I've never met one like myself before. You're probably around somewhere, right? Oh, hold on ..." The voice spoke out, seemingly interrupted by something.

"Well this is sad ... I believe my time is over, or rather uh ... This time. It's sad that all of these people's stories will end so abruptly once more, but there's no choice in the matter. This is the cycle of life we are doomed with, isn't it? Time's running out, there's probably a few minutes left before it ends." The voice echoed into the distance, feeling as if the male voice knew it would reach someone's ears.

"Oh- Right! Name's Sora, nice to meet ya. Maybe I'll see you in another timeline, since this one will give birth to the next one. You probably won't remember my name, but just in case, I'll say it once more: Name's Sora, got it memorized? So, what's yours?" The voice introduced itself, as it asked for a name.

As Sora expected an answer, he was sadly interrupted by something else that indeed, ended 'this time'. These words seemed confusing at first to the ears of the stranger, but would come to light sooner or later.

The meaning of the man's words had become quite clear quickly after. Before getting to hear his conversation partner's name, a massive explosion erupted. It quickly spread, wiping out the city Sora stood in, followed by the country, the world they lived in, and shortly after time and space itself. This phenomena was once called the "Big Bang" according to their scientists. A massive explosion that occurred out of nowhere, which ended up forming the universe.

What if there was more to it? This one did the opposite, it wiped the universe instead. However, it was as a new one came forth from this destruction. It was the birth of a new universe, space and time spreading vastly, planets being formed. As time passed, a new planet came forth. This was perhaps similar to the one the stranger 'Sora' had lived on.

A lively planet, populated with lots of people, nature spread about everywhere, yet ... Something seemed off. There was something different about this 'time'. Humans had seemingly obtained a new type of power each to their own, one that was mystical to no end and vaguely understood. None of them knew where this power came from or what it could do, what it meant.

It was just like a mysterious gift to humanity, to be used as they pleased. Some probably used it for worse ends than others, of course, but what was this? They were calling it 'magic'. So this mysterious power allowed them to make use of many kinds of things. This ranged from some being able to bring fire from their hands or make lightning storm down to all kinds of things that shouldn't normally be possible on their own.

There was a wide array of magic, differing from person to person, but this also brought something else to the world: Chaos. Now, if they had powers like these, naturally there would be some with ill intents using them for wrongdoing, then most likely a few fighting against them to keep peace. This was a double-edged sword: As some admired this 'magic' for being in this world and wanted to study up on it, there was also a large amount of hatred toward it for the destruction that it brought along.

Due to this, a lot of things happened that would be listed as 'historical events', breaking the grounds of logic. As more time passed, people became more comfortable speaking about magic, even coming to a point where laws were being created specifically to keep control over those that had magic. Why there would be rules, however, was clear: Not every human could use magic.

It would be comparable to put a mouse in a den of lions. Rules were necessary in order for people to live peacefully, although some took this to the extreme. Those extremes were quite apparent in the current times. There was simply a wish from many people that couldn't be achieved, or not easily at least. Their wish was to ...