pizza.

Lily's POV.

As I walked home, I kept thinking of Miss. Paulson. She was so nice, and really beautiful. And she seemed really young to be a teacher, it was weird.

I checked my phone and as I was about to text my friend Julia, a car pulled up in front of me which blocked my path.

"Get in the car." It was Hamish. My boyfriend.

"I'm almost home, I can walk don't worry." I smiled weakly.

"Get in the car, Lily." He said more forcefully. I didn't know what to do, I just stared at him. I didn't want to get in the car.

"Are you deaf? Get in the fucking car!" He shouted. I panicked and got in the car quickly, I buckled my seatbelt and gulped as he hit the pedal and drove in the complete opposite direction of my house.

"Hamish, this isn't the way to my house." I said calmly.

"Well, you stood me up. So I had to call your dad and ask where you where. So now you can spend the night with me seeing as you wrecked our plans." He said snottily.

I just stayed silent. There was a reason I wanted to join after school, I thought school would be a good excuse but I guess not. We've been dating for just under 5 months and I thought I loved him. Well, I did. He was so nice when we first met and let's just say he's grown a lot more confident. He doesn't let me do anything, he's very protective over me and I have to spend my free time with him.

When we got to his house, I stepped out the car and followed him inside. Praying that his mom was home, but she wasn't. I felt my heart start beating fast, I could practically hear it.

"Where were you? Screwing someone else? Huh?" She spat at me as he sat down on the sofa.

I sat on one of the chairs opposite and shook my head. "I was at school, I got asked to stay behind to help a teacher."

"Stop lying to me." He laughed.

"I-I'm not." I stuttered. This is stupid.

He got up and grabbed me by the chin. "Where were you?"

"I was at school, I swear." I nodded. He let go of me and stormed into the kitchen.

I sat there and checked my phone, no messages. I relaxed back into the chair as Hamish walked in.

"You hungry?" He asked nicely.
'See he can be nice.' I thought.

"Yeah, little." I smile.

He sat down on the sofa and looked at me. "Can you cook me some pizza when you make something then?"

"Um, sure." I say and smile faintly.

So much for a 'dinner for two' as most couple have. I don't even know why I'm still with him to be honest, but I'm too scared to leave.

"Well, go on then." He said rudely.

I stood up and walked into the kitchen, opening the freezer. Ok, so there was no pizza. I carried on looking through the shelves and still couldn't find any.

"Um, Hamish. There's no pizza." I called.

He got up immediately and came into the kitchen. "You'll have to go to the store then."

"The nearest store is 30 minutes away and I can't drive." I furrowed my brows.

"Well then walk.." He said slowly like I was a child.

"But it'll be late when I get back and you might not even be hungry for pizza then. Just choose something else?" I suggest.

That's when I felt him grab my hair and push my head onto the fridge door. "Go to the fucking store, lazy bitch!" He growled.

I felt a shooting pain in my cheek as I slowly nodded. He let go aggressively and walked away.

I slowly stood up straight and brought my hand up to touch my cheek, there was a small patch of blood on my fingers when I pulled them back. It was only a small cut, but it sure fucking hurt.

I grabbed my jacket and phone and left the house, walking up the street. I started to cry, out of nowhere. I sniffled ad wiped my tears and I walked further down the street, people were staring at me but I kept my head down.
...
I got to the store and walked through people to get to the freezers. I stared at the pizzas, not knowing which one to get. I didn't want to make Hamish mad if I got the wrong one.

As I went to open the door of the freezer I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"No, you can't have them both. Choose one." The voice laughed.

"But I like them both!" I heard a child say.

"I said choose one. Go and put one back. Your mother will kill me if I get you them both, you have too many dolls." The voice giggled then I heard little footsteps run off.

I grabbed the pizza and turned to leave, as I turned around I saw Miss. Paulson. I walked past her and we made eye contact for a second.

"Oh, hello." She smiled.

"Hi, Miss. Paulson." I smiled and nodded. I think she could tell I had been crying when her facial expression changed.

"What happened to your face?" She asked concerned.

"...My face? Oh, my cat and I had a fight." I laughed. What? A cat? I don't even have a cat.

She gave me a confused look and laughed along with me. "Oh, right."

"I chose this one Aunt Sarah!" I looked down and saw a curly brown haired little girl about 4 or 5 years old. Sarah, that's such a pretty name.

"Good girl." Sarah took the doll from the girls hands and put it in the shopping cart. "This is my niece, Grace."

I smiled at the girl and she smiled back sweetly. "She's so cute."

"She's a terror." Sarah smiled, stroking the girls hair.

"I should go, I don't wanna be too long." I said, watching my teacher who was looking at my cut.

"Of course. See you tomorrow." She smiles, her pink lips so plump. She didn't have her glasses on, so I could see how brown her eyes actually were.

I realized how much I was staring so I diverted my eyes. "See ya." I smiled before walking off.