Chapter one

"You are a sick person! Who dates two guys at the same time?" They all say.

"K- Katniss?" Peeta asks. "Is it true?"

"Peeta I swear I love you mo-"

He shakes his head. "Forget about it." Then, he walks away.

6 HOURS BEFORE

Peeta had walked up to my locker, and took my hand, "Hey, Girl on fire."

"Hey," I reply.

"Where are you sitting at lunch?"

"Uh.. The table closest to the door." I say.

"Alright," He spins me around and kisses me.

I kiss back. Everyone around us laughs. I quickly pull away and see what they're laughing at. Gale.

No one knows Gale and I have nothing going on between us. They're going to make Peeta upset one day.

-----------

AFTER LUNCH

Peeta and I are in math now. He's been messing with me since. Gosh, he's so cute.

He sits behind me, and he keeps playing with my hair. It doesn't bother me, though.

"Peeta, stop," I whisper as the teacher comes in.

He sighs, "Fine."

Then we learn some useless math.

------------

FOUR HOURS LATER

I feel hands wrap around my throat and get pinned against a locker. I thought it was Peeta and yelled, "Stop, Peeta!"

"Stop what?" He asks, coming down the hall.

I open my eyes and see someone I don't know choking me.

"Wh- what did I do?" I ask, assuming I did something to them. "You are a sick person! Who dates two guys at the same time?" They say.

"K- Katniss?" Peeta asks. "Is it true?"

"Peeta I swear I love you mo-"

He shakes his head. "Forget about it." Then, he walks away.

I drop down to the ground and cry. He probably hates me now. He probably doesn't love me anymore.. But.. I do. I love him. And I need him.